Let us help your mobile app succeed. FbStart provides year-round support from Facebook product experts, an exclusive community of global startups, and up to $80,000 in free tools and services from premier partners.
FbStart is a new program from Facebook that helps mobile startups succeed. Together with some great partners, we're offering a package of free tools and services designed to help you build and grow your mobile app, as well as an exclusive community, worldwide events, and mentorship from Facebook.
We'll be considering apps based on the following principles:
- Growth and engagement: Is the app growing quickly? Has the app entered new markets, or done a good job retaining new users? Does the app demonstrate potential for growth?
- Experience and design: Is the design optimized for the best user experience? Does it have a streamlined look and feel?
- Efficiency at scale: How does the app use Facebook or other third-party tools to make app development and iteration efficient?
- Leveraging Facebook Platform: Are Facebook and/or Parse products an integral part of the app? Do they improve any of the above three areas?
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who is eligible for FbStart?
We accept developers with live Messenger platform bots, mobile apps, as well as startups with referral codes from our VC, accelerator, university, and hackathon partners. We offer two tracks for developers at different stages of growth:
- Bootstrap track: Any developer who's launched a quality, working bot in Messenger or native mobile app in the Google Play or Apple app stores
- Accelerate track: Any developer who's launched a working bot in Messenger or native mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores and has seen a sustained level of growth in their target markets
You must have a registered Facebook app ID and Facebook developer account in order to join FbStart, but you do not need to have Facebook products integrated into your app in order to be accepted into the program.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
As an FbStart member, you'll receive these free offerings:
- Tools -free package of tools and services valuing up to $80,000 (Accelerate track) or $40,000 (Bootstrap track) from Facebook and dozens of third-party partners including Amazon, Dropbox, MailChimp, Salesforce, Stripe, and UserTesting.
- Support -throughout the year you can connect with product managers, engineers, partnerships, and operations during events, office hours, webinars, email and more.
- Community -meet others in the startup community through our online community tools, meetups and events. You'll also gain access to Workplace for FbStart (coming soon), which will enable you to communicate with Facebook and fellow members.