Business Plan Tech & IT
4 Cannon Street, London
Fintech for Good - Financial services and technology have a history of disrupting the status quo. It’s time we add a third party into the mix: society. Sustainable disruption depends on a combination of finance, technology, and society. Which is why we’re asking you to change fintech for good: What new products and services would you create at this intersection to maximise the benefits for society? As part of the competition, you’ll explore how to validate your ideas and propositions; put your research skills to good use; interact with real future customers and expand your technical knowledge.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Afghanistan Albania Algeria Andorra Angola Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil Brunei Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo: Democratic Republic Congo: Republic Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Fiji Finland France Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, North Korea, South Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by majority of countries) Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau North Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Authority Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russia Rwanda Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Sudan Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City Venezuela Vietnam Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligibility is as follows:
- all entrants must be 18 years or older at the date of entry.
- you must be a student at a university within the UK and studying in the 2019/20 academic year. Employees of the promoter (or any associated group company of the promoter) and anyone else connected in any way with the competition or their family members shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- only one entry per student is permitted.
- the competition is only open to groups of 2 to 4 members. Individual student entries or groups larger than 4 members are not permitted.
- on request, any entrant will be required to provide their full name and university email address as proof of their status as a university student.
Deadline: October 25, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- There is one prize of £1,000 per team member to be awarded to the winning entry. The prize will not be split between entries.
- Each member of the winning team will receive a prize of £1,000. The prize is not transferable. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify teams if deemed cheating and amend the £1000 per team member cash prize.
- Five shortlisted entries (“Finalists”) will be announced by 1st November and receive an Innovation Kickbox containing £500 on a prepaid card, coffee vouchers and support cards. Teams must demonstrate how they used the Kickbox to inform their final presentation.
- To be eligible for the prize, the Finalists must present their ideas in front of a panel of judges on 10th December 2019. It is a condition of the competition that the Finalists are available and present on this date, in person at Fidelity International, 4 Cannon Street, London. Travel will be organized and paid for by Fidelity. The winning group will be chosen from the Finalists by the panel of judges appointed by Fidelity International.
- The winning team will be announced on 10th December 2019. Fidelity International will notify the winner when and how the prize will be allocated. If the winner does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Fidelity International reserves the right to withdraw any prize awarded.