United States of America
The Silicon Valley office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is seeking associates (junior, mid-level, senior) with experience in Capital Markets work. This is an opportunity to:
- Work on a wide variety of securities offerings, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, straight debt offerings and convertible notes offerings, as well as pre-IPO convertible preferred financings.
- Work with companies ranging from large public companies to later-stage pre-IPO companies and their underwriters, particularly in the Tech and Life Sciences sectors.
- Gain experience representing public companies on SEC disclosure and reporting, stock exchange compliance, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
- Gain experience helping late-stage private companies prepare for an IPO or other exit.
We want only the best talent to join our team of more than 2,500 lawyers in 28 offices worldwide.
Life at Freshfields
We’re a global law firm with a tradition of excellence that dates back to 1743. We’re proud of that. Clients value our people and our teamwork; both set us apart. We realise we need diverse talent and skill sets from around the world to tackle the legal work we do. And we embrace difference: it makes great teams and stimulates new ideas. We’re proud of that too.
Lawyer, graduate, business services professional – whichever, you’ll join one of the world’s best law firms. Our 27 offices cover the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our lawyers advise clients wherever they are, wherever the problem, and wherever the transaction.
Teamwork sets us apart. Your career with Freshfields is your chance to be your best. We invest in our people and support everyone’s professional development every step of the way.
It’s a great place to work.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- We recruit people from all legal disciplines, backgrounds and nationalities. Academic and technical excellence are a given, but the international nature of our work means you must speak and write English fluently.
- Whether you're experienced or newly qualified, you must have an appetite for challenging work, a detailed understanding of the law and the ability to manage complex deals.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
A career at Freshfields carries a few promises. You will not be bored. You will face problems you haven’t seen before. You’ll meet interesting and friendly people, and you’ll always work in teams. Teamwork calls for a genuine interest in other people and acceptances of differences. It also means an exceptional willingness to pitch in to get the job done.