Antigua and Barbuda Bahrain Brazil Chile Colombia Dominican Republic Egypt Ethiopia India Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Lebanon Malaysia Mexico Nigeria Pakistan Philippines Portugal Qatar Rwanda Uganda United Arab Emirates United States of America
Through GEMx, you can access the real-world information you need to make decisions about elective opportunities, including:
- learning objectives
- language of instruction
- housing information
- information on student life
- travel information
GEMx Partner Institutions offer a wide range of elective opportunities. Some examples include:
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Tropical Medicine
- Transplant Hepatology
- Sports Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
- Public Health and Epidemiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Medical Genetics
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Radiation Oncology
- Trauma, Orthopedics, and Rehabilitation
Eligible students can access GEMx year-round, and GEMx Partners have the ability to offer electives throughout the year on a rolling basis. However, each GEMx Partner establishes when its electives are available, so there may be times of the year when no electives are available.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- GEMx is available to eligible students of GEMx Partner Institutions. To determine whether your school or institution is a GEMx Partner, see the list of GEMx Partners.
- If your institution is not a GEMx Partner, contact an appropriate representative of your institution to request that the institution join GEMx. If you would like us to reach out directly to a representative at your institution, please fill out our convenient Institution Contact Request form.
- For students of GEMx Partners, eligibility to use GEMx and to participate in an elective is at the discretion of the student’s institution. Contact your institution to determine if you are eligible to use GEMx.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Currently, no fees are being charged by GEMx to students participating in the GEMx program.
Please keep in mind that institutions may charge their own application and administrative fees which are made payable directly to the institution.