Canada United States of America
Applicants are not required to currently be enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program for the 2020-2021 academic year to apply. Recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships: Generation Google Scholarship, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming are not eligible to reapply.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current (if you are currently enrolled) and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Family and household information
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short answer essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- PDF copy of your three short answer responses
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for the Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development or a closely related technical field in gaming
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in gmaing
Deadline: December 05, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 school year.
Terms and conditions
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students' classes at their primary university. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.