Algeria Argentina Australia Austria Bahrain Bangladesh Belgium Brazil Cambodia Cameroon Canada Chile China Colombia Costa Rica Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Ethiopia Finland France Germany Guatemala Honduras Hong Kong Hungary India Indonesia Iraq Ireland Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jordan Kenya Korea, South Kuwait Lebanon Madagascar Malaysia Mauritius Mexico Morocco Nigeria Norway Oman Pakistan Panama Peru Philippines Poland Qatar Romania Russia Serbia Seychelles Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Trinidad and Tobago Turkey Uganda United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Venezuela Vietnam
The Future Leaders Programme is GSK's global graduate training programme. Every year we select talented ambitious people from countries across the world to join us and prepare for a future career as a leader in healthcare.
Over the course of two to three years, we’ll give you exceptional opportunities to develop both your technical and leadership skills. In return for strong performance, dedication and commitment, the Future Leaders Programme offers you a rich variety of training, development and mentoring to help boost your career.
You’ll experience diverse aspects of our business and will build breadth into your career by taking rotations within your business unit, by moving into a different business area or even by working in a different location.
Throughout the training programme, you’ll have regular, open and honest discussions with your manager about your performance and development plans. You’ll also gain further insights and support from mentors, coaches and a wider network of colleagues.
We’ll help you become a leader of the future, equipped to inspire and guide others.
Find your career path
Discover graduate training opportunities in the healthcare industry - from science careers to engineering and more. If you relish a challenge and are aiming for leadership, have a look at the areas where we currently have openings on our Future Leaders Programme. We’re also keen to hear from medical students and graduates who want to apply their skills and training to a commercial or research healthcare environment.
- Sales and marketing - Marketing our medicines, identifying new R&D opportunities, and making our consumer brands the first choice for shoppers
- Business operations - Providing essential services in areas including finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement and communications.
- Manufacturing and supply - Producing and delivering the medicines, vaccines and healthcare products that millions of patients and customers rely on every day.
- Research & Development - Applying the latest knowledge and thinking to research the new medicines, vaccines and other products that are the lifeblood of our business.
Careers with purpose
We are an organisation with a clear purpose: to improve the quality of human life. And we offer careers with purpose, where you will have the opportunity to grow your skills, play to your strengths and make a difference in the world. As a Future Leader, you’ll share in our purpose with our values as your guide.Our values are patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency.
Patient focus means doing what’s right for patients and consumers, so we demonstrate integrity in action. Respect for people is about supporting and inspiring others to be the best they can be. And transparency means being honest about what we do, how we do it and the challenges we face.
If you’re ready to help us solve some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges, we’ll ask you to live and work according to these values, whatever your role is and wherever you work in the business. In return, we’ll support you with strong leadership, development opportunities and rewards for how you work, as well as what you achieve.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and health-care companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) employs over 97,000 employees in over 115 countries worldwide.
Facts about GSK
- 20% - We are reinvesting 20% of our profits to improve healthcare in the world's least developed countries.
- £200m - In 2015 we invested over £200m in communities around the world.
- 100,000 - We employ 100,000 people in over 150 countries, with more than a third in emerging markets.
- 42% - The proportion of women in management stands at 42% and rising.
- 635 - Since 2009 our PULSE Volunteer Partnership has sent 635 employees to serve 112 non-profits for three or six months full-time.
- 172 - In 2015, we delivered nearly 1.9 million vaccine doses every day for use in around 172 of the world’s countries.
- 1.3m - To date, thanks to our partnership with Save The Children, we have improved healthcare to over 1.3 million children in Africa.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What are the minimum requirements for entry onto the programme?
- The requirements depend on the country and the career path that you’re applying to. Please see the details on the relevant country page.
What qualities are you looking for?
- You need to have real ambition, a genuine interest in your chosen career path and a self-motivated, proactive approach. You’ll need to be a clear, effective communicator who can work across boundaries and quickly build a rapport with a wide range of people.
- Just as important is the ability to adapt to change and stay focused when the pressure is on. While you’ll have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement, you’ll also be a team player who enjoys working with others. Not least, you’ll need an analytical mind, a talent for multi-tasking and the ability to influence people.
What is GSK’s approach to inclusion and diversity?
- We aim to create an inclusive workplace to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures.
- We focus on creating an inclusive organisation where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. An inclusive environment welcomes different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles from across our global population. This not only enhances individual creativity and innovation, it makes good business sense.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Discover our benefits
What can you gain from joining the Future Leaders Programme? Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
A rewarding future
When you join GSK, in addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also benefit from our TotalReward package. It’s designed to invest in you, help you save for the future, and boost your health and wellbeing.
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme.