Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Colombia Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany Hong Kong Ireland Israel Italy Japan Korea, South Mexico Netherlands New Zealand Norway Saudi Arabia Singapore South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan United Kingdom United States of America
Global Education Program (GEP) is a Russian government funding program that offers Russian citizens an opportunity to study at leading foreign higher education institutions and to get employment in accordance with the qualification gained
GEP funds full-time post-graduate studies in the areas of science, engineering, medicine, education and management in social sphere. Besides tuition fees, the Program grant covers travel expenses to and from the student’s place of residence to the university, medical insurance, accommodation, meals and academic literature. Grant is given for the whole duration of the studies. Total expenditure for one year of study can not exceed 2 763 600 Russian rubles.
Program participants are expected to return to Russia upon completion of their studies and to obtain employment in accordance with the qualification gained for a period of at least 3 years.
GEP is aimed at providing financial support for Russian citizens admitted to leading foreign higher educational institutions and at developing human resource potential through education of prospective employees in science, engineering, medicine, education and management in social sphere.
EXPECTED RESULTS OF THE PROGRAM
GEP is expected to build the highly-qualified human resources for Russian employers, especially those located in Siberian and Far Eastern Federal Districts, in order to facilitate modernization and implementation of innovative technologies and to realize the potential for future growth in social and economic spheres.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Citizenship of the Russian Federation
- Enrollment in Master, PhD or Residency Programs in a priority study area at the eligible foreign universities
- Readiness to return to Russia upon completion of studies and to obtain employment in accordance with the qualification gained for a period of at least 3 years
- Registration in the electronic system on the Program official website
- Proof of police clearance
- Certified copy of diploma (Bachelor or Specialist)
- Confirmation of having no grounds for the exemption from the employment obligations stated in Article 4 of the Program Refunds Regulations.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Program grant covers tuition fees and living expenses (travel expenses to and from the student’s place of residence to the university, medical insurance, accommodation, meals and academic literature). Total expenditure for one year of study can not exceed 2 763 600 rubles. Grant is given for the whole duration of a study program.