United States of America
Unite For Sight supports eye clinics worldwide by investing human and financial resources in their social ventures to eliminate patient barriers to eye care. Unite For Sight applies best practices in eye care, public health, volunteerism, and social entrepreneurship to achieve our goal of high-quality eye care for all.
The Global Health Leadership Internship provides outstanding undergraduate, public health, medical, and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, with an opportunity to engage in high impact front-line global health delivery programs. This internship has a minimum of a full-time 4 week commitment, but at least an 8-10 week commitment is preferable. A minimum of a 6 week commitment is required during the summer months. The internship opportunity is available year-round.
In this position, the Intern will work closely with Unite For Sight’s Core Management Team on global health programming. Interns work from our New Haven office that overlooks the Yale campus.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Apply organizational and writing skills to the development and implementation of global health initiatives
- Develop advocacy and educational resources
- Assist with training programs
- Contribute to cutting-edge programs in development
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Strong initiative and motivation
- Passionate interest in global health
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented work style
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- International experience is a plus
- Other types of interests and skill sets are also welcomed, including:
- Statistical analysis
- Graphic design
- Film editing and production