Hong Kong Singapore
goHongKong&Singapore 2020* is a unique 2-week acceleration program for Austrian startups that want to cross borders and aim to internationalize to Asia. This combined program takes place during the FinTech Week Hong Kong and the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) and connects the startups with experts of FinTech and key players of the local startup community.
Also, GIN refunds 80% of all expenses including travel and accommodation costs up to max. € 7,000 per startup.
Application & Selection Process
STEP 1:Online Application on aws Connect
latest by June 28, 2020 (23:59 CET)
- Register on aws Connect and create an account
- Fill out the online form and upload your recent pitch-deck
- Start your application & click here
latest by June 30, 2020
The GIN-Team informs all applicants whether or not they are selected for the Online Pitch Event via e-mail. The pre-selected startups will receive an e-mail with all log-on details.
STEP 3:Online Pitch Event
July 2, 2020 | 9.00 am - 11.00 am (CET)
The pre-selected startups have 3 minutes to pitch in English online followed by a short Q&A session by the jury of national an international experts. The Online Pitch will take place on the 2nd of July, 2020 from 9.00 am to 11.00 am. (Please block this time in your calendar preliminary!)
STEP 4: Final Decision - Congratulations!
latest by July 10, 2020
After the Online Pitch the jury will select the goHongKong&Singapore 2020 finalists. The selected startups will receive an e-mail with next steps from the GIN-Team latest by the 10th of July!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The program goHongKong&Singapore 2020 is most suitable for startups meeting the following criteria:
- Verticals: (B2B) FinTech, RegTech, SME lending, Wealth Management
- Austrian mid- or later-stage startup (beyond PoC and seed stage)
- established in the last 7 years
- raised at least seed-stage investment
- unique product/solution
- working prototype / MVP
- a proven business model with traction (clients, revenue)
- interest in connecting to relevant stakeholders (investors, corporates)
- looking to develop further internationally with a focus on the Greater Bay Area
Deadline: June 28, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- TAILOR-MADE: Benefit from individual mentoring, tax & legal workshops as well as trainings in how to do business in the Greater Bay Area
- UP TO € 7,000 REFUND: GIN covers 80% of all expenses including travel and accommodation costs as well as costs for workshops, conferences, mentoring sessions
- 1:1 BUSINESS MEETINGS: Meet international investors, VCs, corporates, potential clients and relevant stakeholders at individual corporate meetings