GLOBAL STARTUP AWARDS IS THE LARGEST INDEPENDENT STARTUP ECOSYSTEM COMPETITION WITH THE MISSION TO FIND, RECOGNIZE AND CONNECT THE FUTURESHAPERS OF THE DIGITAL AGE FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD!
Starting in the Nordics, Denmark in 2012, the Global Startup Awards annually selects and awards those within their respective regional tech/web industries that have shown outstanding achievements in business and service to the community.
Working with local partners in each of our regions, we go on an annual expedition to find those companies and individuals that have gone on to become a game changer or inspiration to thousands, if not millions or billions of users and fans - a rarity considering these numbers are something that other industries have taken many decades to achieve.
Each region is capped with a Grand Finale Day where the best - together with the other stakeholders - are invited to participate in a closed, invite-only Ecosystem Summit and a night of celebration, recognition and networking.
One of our most important values is to respect the independence of the competition, so we under no circumstances sell data to anyone, and we never charge our nominees, applicants and winners for anything related to the competition or the events.
Global Startup Awards is already present in over 60 countries of 3 continents and growing fast.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
Every year we source the very best startups, most influential individuals and ecosystem players (investors, acceleration programs, coworking offices, etc) from each of the regions through a defined system that enables us to find the very best technology companies and the talented entrepreneurs behind them.
- We start by opening up public nominations on the national level. This means that anyone can nominate anybody - just as long as they fall within the guidelines of each nomination category.
- In order to participate in the competition, the nominee has to finalize their application.
- We'll go through the list and get each nominee to confirm their participation in the awards and to be selected for shortlisting.
SHORTLISTING & FINALIST ANNOUNCEMENT
- Together with our extensive national and regional advisors, we work to determine the top 5 nominations in each category in each participating country.
- Once selected, the top 5 shortlisted nominations in each category will be announced as finalists, who will run to compete on the regional level.
- Once the nominations are in, we turn to the national communities and ask them what they think. Public voting is equivalent to one jury vote. This is not a popularity contest, but it's important that we get an indicator from how the community themselves perceive the nominations.
- The jury members will rank each finalist according to the information presented to them. This information is obtained directly from the nominee. Regional jury members selected by the Country Partners and regional HQs will determine who wins in a specific award.
- With the combination of public voting and the voting of the regional jury members, the regional winners will be announced at the regional grand finale. Depending on the region, winner announcements may vary from online postings through to gala events in concert halls. Please check your local region for more specific information.
GLOBAL AWARDS GRAND FINALE
- At the end of every second year, we host the bi-annual gathering where we place the winners from our top categories to be placed against each other to determine out of all the thousands of nominations and tens of thousands of votes, who should deserve to be the very best from throughout all of our regions. As we select our nominations from the regional winners, we already have a 'shortlist'. From this shortlist, we gather the very best jury members from around the world and throughout our entire network to decide our winners.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM?
This differs from region to region, please see the list below:
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Having categories for Startups, Investors, Incubation/Acceleration programs, Ecosystem heroes and Co-working spaces, our mission is to find, recognize and connect future-shapers from all over the world.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
What can you gain from participating in the competition:
- Get better recognition nationally, regionally and globally to attract business opportunities even from other countries, regions and continents.
- Access to GSA Alumni Network which is an invite-only VIP club that not only serves a greater movement that fosters the development of startup ecosystems globally, but also gives You access to a well selected global network to support your international business endeavors.
- Connection to other regional and global stakeholders - finalists, winners, juries, partners and ambassadors.
- Matchmaking with active investors, successful startups, accelerator and incubator programs, as well as government initiatives.
- Promotion through Global Startup Awards’ regional and global social media channels and newsletters.
- Opportunity to contribute with your expertise and knowledge to a greater good: to shape the global startup ecosystem with other selected future-shapers.
- Enjoy the benefits of valuable services and products offered by our Prize Sponsors