With the community of the international Green Product Award, companies, start-ups and students which are dedicate towards innovative and sustainable products and services. 140.000+ visitors are amazed by the submissions from an average of 40 countries at the award exhibitions at fairs and design festivals.
Cooperation is the key and with our growing pool of partners we provide new highlights each year.
NEWS: From now on we invite participants to co-design the Future Village.
Submissions for the Green Product Award are possible throughout the year. The earlier you submit, the more benefits you will have. For example, being part of the special show at the Designers' Open or qualify for the award area on the Green Campus. In March of each year, the winners selected by the jury are awarded.
- FASHION ROOM
- CONSUMER GOODS
Award ceremony and award exhibition at the the international craft fair IHM in Munich – in the special area Green Campus – 2200sqm for green products and materials. 40,000 trade visitors as well as 70,000 private visitors, ensure awareness in the market. Around the 330qm award area there is a green Gastro, Talks and bookable stands for sales & advice from 6sqm. Discounted for award participants.
- 1.06. - 31.08.2020 11:59 PM Early Bird submission-phase
- 1.09. - 31.10.2020 11:59 PM Regular Bird submission-phase
- 1.11. - 30.11.2020 11:59 PM Late Bird submissions
- 19.12. 2020 Nominees Announcement
- 19.12. – 31.1.2021 Public voting for the international Green Product Audience Award 2021
- 10.3.2021 Award ceremony for the jury- & audience-winners
- 10.3. - 14.03.2021 Exhibition at IHM – International Craft Fair, Munich
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The winners will be evaluated and determined based on general and subject-specific criteria.
In order to make it easier for you to highlight the special features of your submission, you can orient yourself on the criteria of the jury.
- Approach: The originality, reproducibility and credibility are assessed.
- Elaboration: Evaluated are the complexity of the analysis, the quality of the preparation and the way of implementation.
- Impact: Consider the potential for change in environment, behaviour and production conditions.
- Design: This is about the design as an overall approach with the following criteria: aesthetics, user-friendly functionality, economic and ecological constructions, possibly the interaction of product and packaging. The quality of communication with the consumer about sustainability is also considered.
- Innovation: To assess the innovation, it is examined whether a problem / need (better) is solved, the scale of what is new and how relevant it is. When submitting concepts, there is an additional focus on the respective business model.
- Sustainability: Assessment takes place along all phases of the life cycle (concept / pre-production, production, distribution, use, reuse). Information on the material used is considered separately, as well as information on the production conditions.
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
Participants enjoy advantages from the 3 award phases (pre-selection, nomination and winner). Early participation will be rewarded with additional benefits & reduced fees. Click to see the detailed Award & service overview .
- Receive one of the Green Product Award Seals (Pre-Selection, Nominee or Winner) with unrestricted advertising rights.
- Get digital exposure to about 4 million contacts through our website and social media channels.
- Integration in the Green Product Award website main gallery (1 year) & database (permanent).
Nominees & Winner Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in the online public voting for the international Green Product Audience Award.
- Product feature in the annual Green Trend Book and new E-book publication.
- Evaluation and point based feedback by the international jury on design, innovation and sustainability.
- Integration in expert pool for talks, workshops and spin-off projects.
- Exhibition opportunities in Europe and invitation to our award ceremony in March in Münich.
- Product features on partner websites e.g. on md INTERIOR DESIGN ARCHITECTURE.
- Additional upgrades are available to promote your submission.