Decided to enroll in a bachelor or master degree at HAN? Are you from a country outside the EU/EEA? Then you may qualify for a HAN scholarship. These are offered in collaboration with the Dutch Ministry of Education and Sciences. Other scholarships can be found via Study in Holland.
HAN University of Applied Sciences is one of the 5 largest universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. HAN offers high-quality, practice-based education to more than 30,000 students. HAN’s centres of expertise provide tailored research to companies and institutions. Internationalisation is an important tool to improve the quality of education and research at HAN. We work closely with partner institutions on exchange programmes, international projects and international applied research.
Have you made outstanding achievements in your education and personal development? And are you a national of a country outside the EU/EEA? So you’re not from an EU country or Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland? Then you’re a good candidate for one of the HAN scholarships.
APPLY IN 5 STEPS
1. Complete your enrollment
Complete your enrollment in a bachelor or master degree before the dates below. Do you meet the minimum requirements? Then you’ll receive an email inviting you to apply for a scholarship. You can expect this to arrive on one of the dates below. Please note that all degrees start in September and only some are also offered in February.
2. Prepare your application
The next step is preparing the following 3 items:
- A motivation letter. Here you explain why you’ll be a successful HAN student
- A short video of yourself. Max. 3 minutes. Address the following:
- - Describe yourself and the things you excel in
- - What would your former teachers or your friends tell us about you?
- - Tell us about your chosen course of study at HAN
- - Imagine you’re working in a team. Based on your personality and/or experience, what role would you have and why?
- - What are your career ambitions? What and where do you think you’ll be 10 years from now (professionally speaking)?
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Submit your application
Follow the link in the email invitation. Fill out the application. Submit it digitally with the 3 items you prepared in step 2.
4. Receive notification
You’ll receive an email with notification of the award on 20 May 2021.
5. Accept the scholarship
Send written acceptance of the scholarship. When? By the date stated in your award notification letter.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
In order to be accepted to HAN University of Applied Sciences, you need to meet a number of admission criteria.
- Certificate of secondary education that is at a comparable level to Dutch secondary education: e.g. Havo or Vwo, Level 4 diploma from a Dutch MBO college, International Baccalaureate, Abitur or Fachhochschulreife, General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE-A level), High school with A or B grades, Sekolah Menegah Atas (SMA).
- Proof of English language proficiency: e.g. TOEFL iBT score of 80 or higher, IELTS score of 6.0 or higher, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency of English (CPE). If you take a TOEFL test, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.
- Participation in a course selection check. The course selection check offers advice on whether the chosen course is likely to suit your interests. Courses that use decentralised selection integrate the course selection check into this procedure. More specific information is available in the Courses section.
- Sufficient grades in certain subjects. To see the exact subject required please check on the admission webpage of your course of interest.
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Proof of English language proficiency: e.g. TOEFL iBT score of 79 or higher, IELTS score of 6.0 or higher, Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE)
- Please check the admission webpage of your course of interest for any additional requirements.
Minimum scholarship requirements
To be eligible for a HAN scholarship, you need to meet these requirements:
- You are a national of a country outside the EU/EEA
- You have not previously been enrolled in a degree at a university or university of applied sciences in the Netherlands
- You have been accepted into a full-time English-taught degree program
- You have an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a TOEFL iBT score of at least 90 or a Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE)
Deadline: October 01, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
HAN Excellence and Holland Scholarship Programme
HAN rewards excellence in education. The HAN Excellence and Holland Scholarship Programme offers financial aid to international HAN students who have made outstanding achievements in the course of their education and personal development.
There are various scholarship options in the HAN Excellence and Holland Scholarship Programme. These are outlined below. Check out the relevant web pages for your intake to see which scholarships apply to you and to learn more about the application process and eligibility requirements: February or September.
HAN pre-selects admitted students based on the eligibility criteria. If you have been pre-selected, you will receive an email from the International Office, inviting you to submit your application for the scholarship.
Scholarships for bachelor students
The Orange Tulip Scholarship and the HAN Holland Scholarship start with € 5,000 in the 1st year of study. After that you can receive € 2,500 per year. You do have to earn the required credits each year. Otherwise you lose the scholarship.
The Honors Scholarship is different. You don’t need to apply for it. The academic board of the study program selects students with outstanding academic results in their 1st year. Students who didn’t get one of the other scholarships. The payment starts with € 2,500 in the 2nd year. After that you can receive € 2,500 each following year of study. You do have to earn the necessary credits each year to continue getting the scholarship.
Scholarships for master students
Both these scholarships start with € 2,500 in the 1st year of study. After that you can receive € 2,500 in your 2nd year of study. To receive this you need to earn sufficient credits in your 1st year.