United States of America
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. With around 4,000 offices in both established and emerging markets, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions. The breadth of opportunities within our Global Markets Graduate programme means that, whatever your degree subject, your skills and passion have a place within our business. In Global Markets, the combination of world-class services, global reach and industry experts ensures this is an exciting place to build your career.
What you can expect
Global Markets at HSBC provides sales and trading services to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide. On this rotational programme, you will be challenged, relied on and supported every step of the way.
Our global network gives you the advantage of being able to connect with senior leaders, industry professionals and peers from all over the world, across multiple divisions. They are on hand to give you advice about multi-asset services and market-leading products. Our strong position in the global markets gives you an established platform to start building your career.
What you will do
We welcome top graduates from a diverse range of degree disciplines. Bring your skills and hard-working attitude and we will invest in building your confidence and capabilities in either Sales or Trading.
In Sales, you will:
- Form trusted client relationships
- Bring ideas to the table on how we can create solutions that meet client needs
- Put clients first, helping with everything from lending and hedging solutions to giving them access to our electronic platforms
In Trading, you will:
- Keep an eye on market movements
- Get hands-on experience of our various market products
- Build an understanding of how we manage market risk
- Learn about our global presence and how it affects our small business to multinational clients
Throughout your programme you will have the opportunity to complete rotations across Global Markets – within Sales or Trading, or both. Developing your breadth of experience is important to us, as well as your ability to serve our clients, as it ensures you gain an understanding of how both areas operate. It will also help you decide where you’d like to develop your skills and pursue a career, after the programme.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for motivated, curious and dedicated people who are:
- Final-year student or recent graduate
- Outgoing investigators. You will communicate with our diverse clients to bring them the solutions they need to grow. You will demonstrate courage in solving complex problems and presenting the results to our clients
- Fast learners. You will need to keep on top of world news, market trends and new data releases. Quickly becoming an expert in each of these areas will help you to make the right decisions for our clients
- Analytical thinkers. Having a good eye for detail and a mind for analysing trends will help you to deliver the most suitable products and services for clients and their companies
- Team players. You will work alongside senior management and peers to learn more about our products, asset classes and how to best interact with clients. Being able to work well in a team will help you further your career
Requirements: You will graduate with an undergraduate or post graduate Degree in or before June 2022. Currently hold a 3.2 cumulative GPA or overseas equivalent. You will not require visa sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future including OPT and F-1 visa. Be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the US.
Deadline: January 01, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will experience life in Sales or Trading, adding your voice and ideas to these areas of our Global Markets business.
What can this lead to?
Following the graduate programme, you could go into a specialist role within Sales or Trading. And because Global Markets operates across more than 50 markets, that role could take you anywhere. It could give you the chance to progress to become a senior leader in your field or even the opportunity to travel halfway across the world.