Online United States of America
The Global Case Competition at Harvard brings together the best and the brightest minds around the world to solve a business case problem. Since its inception in 2016, the competition has attracted 450+ teams (2000+ students) across the world to compete for a chance to win $10,000. Teams are given 3 weeks to prepare and submit a solution, and the top 10 teams will be invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of judges comprising of distinguished business executives and Harvard Business School professors in April 2022.
Participants will also have access to a series of online networking events and panels discussions featuring representatives from top Consulting firms, Private Equity firms, and Investment Banks, amongst others.
Join now for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to receive a world-class learning experience through a hands-on business case, and to build a unique network with students from all over the world and with executives from the world’s leading institutions!
The Global Case Competition at Harvard 2022 is jointly organized by the IFSA Network, the Harvard GSAS Business Club and the Harvard College European Business Group.
We bring together students with finance and business backgrounds from across the world to compete at Harvard on a finance case.
- Receive a world-class learning experience through a hands-on business case.
- Network and connect with leading firms and business executives.
- Enhance your business, communication, and teamwork skills through a challenging workshop series.
- A three week long case competition with a grand final at Harvard University in the presence of first class business executives.
The teams will have to perform the following tasks:
- Industry Analysis
- Company Analysis
- Financial Analysis & Valuation
Students will work in a dynamic environment in which they will get first-hand experience on investment banking and private equity.
"Traveling to Harvard and presenting our solution to a distinct jury was a unique and unforgettable experience." - Cash Cows
The case is related to the investment banking and private equity world. It focuses on a major finance event which students will have to study and analyse. Last year's edition encompassed an M&A scenario involving Amazon.
The case is created by selected professionals to ensure the quality of the competition.
Just like in a real world situation, teams will have to create a pitch book.The teams in the top ten receive an invitation to present their work in front of a first class jury at Harvard University. However, all participants are invited to join the on-campus weekend at Harvard University.
Meet the future leaders and get a chance to network with world leading institutions and business executives during our on-campus weekend.
Build a unique network during our social events, galas, workshops, and spend an unforgettable time with the global elite. Showcase your intelligence to the world, develop new skills and compete with the very best.
- November 15, 2021 Registrations open
- February 22, 2022 Case release
- March 14, 2022 Case submission deadline
- April 24, 2022 Competition grand finals
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
As this competition is open only to currently enrolled students, we require the following documents from EACH participant upon registration:
Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
Proof of Enrolment (we accept any of the following):
- Matriculation card clearly showing your program end date.
- A transcript of studies/records stating the enrolment for 2020/2021 academic year
- A letter from your school's student affairs/administration stating that you are enrolled as a student for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Once your team has purchased a ticket, click on the "Access the event" button under Location, where you will be directed to a link to upload the required documents. Your registration is deemed incomplete unless we receive both sets of documents from you.
By registering, you are acknowledging that:
- You have granted us permission to share your résumés/Curriculum Vitaes with competition sponsors/recruiters.
- Tickets sold are non-refundable.
The top ten teams are invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of distinct judges and to attend a series of networking and social events.
*Group price for a team of 2 - 5 people, the ticket price does not include accommodation or traveling expenses. Furthermore, all team members need to be enrolled at the same university.
Deadline: March 13, 2022
Program Starts: April 24, 2022
Program Ends: April 24, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Prices (Per Team)
- Early Birds, $150 USD
- Regular, $200 USD
- Late, $250 USD