Holtzbrinck Ventures is one of Europe’s most successful VC funds and has been supporting companies such as Zalando, Flixbus, Lazada, Quandoo, and Wooga from the very early stages. Our Berlin office right in the heart of Germany’s vibrant Internet scene is looking for an entrepreneurial-driven and digital passionate person who wants to help us to identify the next digital blockbusters.
Your internship shall last a minimum of 12 weeks during which time you will get an insight into the way successful startups are built and why and how venture capitalists invest in them. During your time with us you will cover most of the following modules:
- Screening relevant media for attractive investment opportunities
- Developing data analyses, investment hypotheses and financial models for new investment areas
- Supporting investment managers in deal flow and business plan analyses
- Supporting investment manager in financial transactions and ongoing portfolio management
- Elaborating specific topics for internal knowledge database
MORE THAN 165 COMPANIES FUNDED
HV Holtzbrinck Ventures was founded in 2000 as the corporate venture arm of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group. In 2010 HV Holtzbrinck Ventures became an independent venture firm, raising funds from a strong network of international institutional investors.
Today, with more than € 1 billion under management, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures is one of the largest and most experienced independent European early stage venture funds. For almost 20 years we have believed in the disruptive potential of the Internet. During this time, funds managed or advised by us have invested in over 165 companies, including great successes like Zalando, Delivery Hero, HelloFresh, Flixbus, SumUp, Scalable Capital, and many others.
As reliable long-term partners, we support the founders in developing their businesses into large and sustainable companies. Besides HV Holtzbrinck Ventures’ investment, we have a wealth of entrepreneurial, operational and financing experience. This approach has made HV Holtzbrinck Ventures one of the most successful European venture investors.
HV Holtzbrinck Ventures usually makes the first investment in a company at the seed or early stage. We look for companies that target large markets or growth-driven market environments, and outstanding management teams that blaze new trails well off the beaten path.
The financing of market leaders is a shared journey involving several stages. It is a journey in which we continue to support the fund’s portfolio companies. The typical involvement starts with an initial investment in the € 200K – € 5M range and can grow up to a total investment of € 50M over several rounds and stages of maturity. On this path, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures’ investments are usually joined by international growth investors from our unique network of large funds.
What you can do before reaching out to us:
- Make use of (free) resources and platforms that are available to entrepreneurs to spur on the development of your product, to test and popularize it.
- Consider the portfolio and track record of investments and let us know, why you think your company is an appealing proposition.
- Don’t bring your product to perfection in private. Get feedback from friends and compare notes with other founders at industry events.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Outstanding academic track record,
- Practical experience in startups (preferred) or other relevant fields,
- Knowledge of and strong interest in the Internet market,
- Entrepreneurial intention / background,
- Charismatic, open, positive and winning personality,
- Analytical, facts-driven and pragmatic approach and can work independently,
- Strong communication skills,
- Proficient knowledge of English (some German helps but is not required).