Founded in Geneva in 2008, the association, Humanium, is striving to build a world where children’s rights are respected, protected and applied. The association co-creates sustainable change focused on the realisation of children’s rights throughout the world. As part of the development of its projects, Humanium seeks bilingual fund-raising interns.
On the ground, this involves forging partnerships with local NGOs so as to support and carry out projects aimed at protecting children, their development, their survival and their education.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Involvement in researching new sources of funding: researching donors and keeping prospecting lists up-to-date, as well as being involved in designing projects and the preparation of funding applications
- Administrative management of funding searches: updating databases on our financial partners and the focal points of target entities, following up funding requests, developing new administration management tools etc.
- Marketing campaigns: preparing fund-raising campaigns in collaboration with the communications intern
- External communication: management of emails in the @contact mailbox concerning requests for funding, and management of emails in the @project mailbox concerning projects that the intern is working on, and publication of content on Humanium’s social media platforms
Starting date: Immediately or to be determined
Length of internship: Minimum 6 months
Location: Remote internship, via internet
Time commitment: Between 24 and 40 hours per week, flexible
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Education and experience
- Masters or postgraduate training: Cooperation and international relations, international development, humanitarian studies, communication, marketing, business school
- Languages: excellent command of both written and spoke French with proficiency also in English, Spanish or German being an advantage
- Computer and internet: full proficiency in standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), using the internet, management tools for CRM type databases and social media platforms
Requirements for the remote internship
- A university internship agreement and/or a contract between Humanium and the intern will be established.
- Very independent and disciplined.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work alone and in a virtual professional situation.
- It is indispensable to have constant access to a high-speed internet connection. A bad or slow internet connection is insufficient for the internship.
- Have your own computer and be proficient in common computer programs and the internet.
- Attendance at team meetings every Wednesday is required. The rest of the time is flexible.
- Although the communication tools used allow nearly constant contact with the team through chat, email, telephone, and video calls, the internship is nevertheless carried out alone. Therefore, it is essential to demonstrate systematic procedures, organization, and motivation. In addition, it is important to adhere to a schedule..
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
This internship is unpaid professional training.
Advantages of the remote internship
- Internship can be done anywhere in the world.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Saves time and money for everyone: the remote internship makes it possible to avoid travel to the worksite.
- You are able to work from home and it is possible to complete the internship part-time, particularly if you are also pursuing a degree or if you need to have a paying job at the same time as the internship