Belgium Canada China France Israel Jordan Kenya Panama Singapore South Africa Spain Switzerland United States of America Worldwide
IATA strives to attract the very best and brightest recent graduates from around the world. These interns are exposed to the unique challenges faced by IATA and contribute to our work in supporting our members and our industry by performing junior professional tasks.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 265 airlines or 83% of total air traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA’s mission is to represent, lead, and serve the airline industry.
Representing the airline industry
We improve understanding of the air transport industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global economies. Advocating for the interests of airlines across the globe, we challenge unreasonable rules and charges, hold regulators and governments to account, and strive for sensible regulation.
Leading the airline industry
For nearly 70 years, we have developed global commercial standards upon which the air transport industry is built. Our aim is to assist airlines by simplifying processes and increasing passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
Serving the airline industry
We help airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules. Professional support is provided to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
Click APPLY NOW for more info.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Candidates for the IGIP must possess the following basic qualifications:
- University degree: Candidates must have a university degree (Bachelor degree as a minimum). The degree must have been achieved within the last 12 months.
- Fields of study: Economics, Law, Political Science, Engineering (particularly Aeronautical Engineering), Business Administration (particularly Aviation/Airline Management) or Information Technology. Other areas may be considered if relevant to the specific internship.
- Language requirements: Excellent spoken and written English. Fluency in other major languages is always considered a plus.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The following conditions are offered to IGIP participants:
- Work/residency permits: IATA will process the required permits for successful candidates
- Living Allowance: IATA will pay a living allowance to support the student during the internship:
Geneva 3,500 CHF Montreal 2,000 CAD Madrid 1,500 EUR Miami 1,800 USD Singapore 2,400 SGD
IATA provides professional accident insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
Health insurance coverage is required and is the responsibility of the intern.
Duration: Internships are on a full-time basis from 2 to 6 months, depending on the assignment.
Travel Expenses: For interns that do not reside in the location of the IGIP assignment, IATA assumes the travel expenses to bring the intern to our office at the beginning of the internship and back to her/his home country at the end of it.