The Documentation and Research Centre of the ICC International Court of Arbitration offers students in international commercial law arbitration to gain in-depth knowledge of arbitration in commercial and investment disputes.
Time Commitment: 6 months (September 2021 to February 2022); full time
The internship is aimed at candidates who are interested in legal research in the field of international commercial arbitration. As an intern at the Documentation and Research Centre of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, you will gain in-depth knowledge of ICC arbitration procedure, hands on experience and insight into the legal issues affecting current and past ICC cases as well as a better understanding of the ICC internal working process and division of work between the various departments and teams. During the six month period placement, you will be an active and integral member of the department’s small team and counted on to assist with a great variety of responsibilities/tasks. Responsibilities/tasks you can expect may include:
- Reading and analysing ICC arbitral awards and diverse working documents both in English and French;
- Entering data in databases;
- Assisting in carrying out research on a wide range of topics in international commercial arbitration;
- Compiling and updating existing statistics and assisting with creating new statistics upon demand;
- Preparing and updating Powerpoint presentations;
- Drafting briefs for members of the ICC Secretariat’s case management teams as well as the Managing team of the ICC International Court of Arbitration;
Preference will be given to students in international commercial law arbitration with strong academic credentials and who enjoy the legal research work. This is an ideal position for students who are preparing their bar exams. Fluent English and French is a requirement. Being fluent in Spanish, German and Portuguese is an advantage.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible to do an Internship at ICC.
Deadline: June 11, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The Internship Programs are full-time and the average working week is 35 hours.
The Intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 600 + meal vouchers + partial compensation of public transport costs.