Online Switzerland Worldwide
- Conference Volunteering. Work with other ICV volunteers to help plan, host, interpret and report on events for some of the most interesting and important local, national and international conferences.
- CyberVolunteering. The CyberVolunteers Program recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers with skills in information and communication technology (ICT) for development. Volunteers participate in local, regional and international projects for a period of several weeks or months, offering their skills in areas such as web or software development, system administration and content generation.
- Language services. ICVolunteers recruits and coordinates volunteer translators and interpreters. We manage a network of community interpreters who accompany migrants (MigraLingua).
- Communications and journalism. Write and edit articles, interviews and other contributions for ICV publications, our website and other online forums.
- Volunteering in different places around the world. Volunteers can participate in local, regional and international projects for a period of several weeks or months in communications and journalism, information and communications technology, or conference services.
- Other professional activities. Individuals can apply their professional talents, including accounting, bookkeeping, computer maintenance, transportation services, and other important skills, to help our organization manage and build its programs.
- Internships and 'long-term' volunteering with ICVolunteers. We offer internships (unpaid) and long-term volunteer opportunities, be it in translation (from and to English, French and Spanish), event organization, writing and editing, Internet research, IT-related work (web, system and software development) and resource mobilization in Geneva (Switzerland). We are also looking for long-term volunteer for our offices in Canada, France, Mali, South Africa, Spain and are working with online volunteers.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
ICVolunteers is a network organization, linking knowledge with needs. Its network includes over 10,000 individuals, volunteers and partners worldwide, speaking 155 different languages and residing in over 189 countries. We are an inclusive organization, open to all people regardless of race, nationality, religion, sex, education or physical ability. For legal reasons, we require written authorization from a parent or legal guardian for volunteers under 18 years old.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
We cannot pay volunteers. Volunteers provide assistance on the condition that they are not financially compensated for their time. Expenses (transportation, accommodation, etc.) may be paid on prior agreement only