Online United States of America
The IFMA Foundation is proud to host the annual Foundation FM ePoster competition held in conjunction with IFMA's World Workplace. The competition has been revamped and reformatted in an effort to be more inclusive of FM students from around the world, regardless of their ability to travel to the conference.
Every year, ePosters are accepted in a voice-over MS Power Point format, representing work in the field of facility management and the built environment. Student participants are invited from the IFMA Foundation Accredited Degree Programs (ADP’s) and educational institutions with facility management programs. The ePoster competition provides students an opportunity to present recent FM projects, an internship / coop project (approval from sponsor organization required) or FM related research work, competing against fellow students from around the world and potentially gain international recognition.
The program format is comprised of 3 steps:
- Initial Submission: Students will simply submit their application to participate along with a brief abstract and outline of the presentation.
- Judging - Round One: Submissions will be evaluated on technical requirements, clarity of message and quality of graphic and oral presentation. Overall scores will be posted, and submissions may be resubmitted prior to the round one deadline for re-evaluation if desired.
- Judging - Final Round: Final judging will take place at World Workplace by a group of industry professionals and academics. Those selected for the final round of the ePoster completion may present from their home location by the competition’s web hosted conferencing software or in person at the conference. Submissions selected for the final round of judging may be revised, but must be adherent to the competition requirements and final submission deadline.
Presentation topics for submission may include, but are not limited to:
- Facility management / built environment research and innovations
- Class projects (individual or group)
- Internship / coop project (approval by sponsor organization is required)
- Case studies of facility management / built environment issues
- IFMA’s 11 FM core competencies: Leadership and Strategy; Operations and Maintenance; Project Management; Communication; Finance and Business; Human Factors; Quality; Real Estate and Property Management; Technology; Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity; or Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: Always Active
Cost/funding for participants:
The author(s) of the winning ePoster will receive travel and expense allowances, not to exceed US$1,500, to attend either the next EFMC conference or IFMA’s World Workplace or Facility Fusion conferences.