France Germany United Kingdom United States of America Worldwide
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programmes.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships are granted to bright young Indian students to read at top rated American, European and UK institutions for a full-time Masters, M.Phil or a Doctorate programme.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College London, Royal College of Art (RCA) London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) London, University of Cambridge via the Cambridge Trust, Sciences Po, Paris.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Public Health
- Fashion Design
- Film and Film Animation.
However, in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Natural Sciences. Indian Studies as a subject is considered, only if it has contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for degrees in Western Classical singing will be considered. For Film, only applications for Documentary Filmmaking will be considered.
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May/June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris. In the case of candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES PROPOSED BY THE CANDIDATE
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree. Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions, if required.
- Application for the scholarship has to be made online on the portal which is accessible from the website. No physical application forms will be accepted.
- Only one submission per candidate will be accepted.
- A valid passport is the only identification document that will be accepted when making the online application.
- Candidates applying in the field of architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must upload their portfolio as a PDF file or share a website/online portfolio link.
- Candidates applying for film, dance, acting, and music (Western classical singing) must also upload their portfolio through a link.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for the course. In case the offer of funding comes in after the application has been submitted, it will be necessary to inform the Foundation in writing via email.
- In case you have applied for another course, for which you are not applying to the Inlaks for funding, at the same or another institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you declare the same even if it is not your intention to avail of that offer.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory, one of those must be from an academic referee.
- The referees must send the letters of reference in confidence to the Foundation directly.
- For the online submission of the reference letters, the referee whose name has been indicated on the application form will receive a link to upload the reference which will remain valid for 7 days.
- Preferably, the reference letters should be on a letterhead. Email references will not be accepted.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India for the past six months, at the time of making the scholarship application.
- Candidates are expected to hold a first class degree or equivalent from a recognized university/institution in India.
- Candidates applying for scholarships in art and design (fine/performing arts) will be judged primarily on the basis of their portfolio.
- Candidates who are Indian citizens and hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad, must have resided continuously or been employed or have been studying in India, for at least two years, post their return to India to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates having a postgraduate qualification (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already begun their postgraduate education at an institution abroad are also not eligible to apply.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen at the time of the application. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application.
- The scholarship applicants must be high achievers academically and otherwise and the Foundation will need proof of the same.
- The applicants are judged on not only their present achievements but also on their future potential. The Foundation prides itself on judging potential as much as performance.
Deadline: April 02, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel allowance and health allowance.
- The maximum funding given by the Foundation is USD 100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds USD 100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover the additional requirement needed at the time of making the online application.
- The evidence of additional funding must be carried at the time of the preliminary interviews.
- Acceptance of other awards, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
- The scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during their study tenure.
- Scholarships are awarded in May/June for commencement in subsequent August, September or October.
- Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months of being awarded will be forfeited.