Ever wonder what it takes to keep a social network up and running? As part of the Member Relations Team, you’ll be the interface between the people who use InterNations, and the developers that create it. The Member Relations Team helps the rest of the company to understand our members’ perspective, and are advocates for member experience.
The team is the gateway to our network, reviewing all incoming applications against our membership criteria.
You will also respond to questions about how to get the best from InterNations — it could be as simple as a forgotten password, or something tricky like a bug on the site. With on-the-job training and email templates, you’ll be able to answer all questions that come your way!
As a Member Relations Intern at InterNations, you will:
- review membership applications
- support members experiencing technical difficulties
- answer questions about how to use the website
- collect member feedback to share internally
- act as administrators for our online forums
- draft measures to improve customer loyalty and engagement to drive growth
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 2.9 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad.
What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from over 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together.
Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.
Are you the right one for our team?
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of any field of study
- the internship is a compulsory part of your course of studies
- availability for 6-12 months starting as soon as possible
- ability to work independently; reliable and motivated
- very good to fluent written and spoken English
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired
- practical experience with MS-Office and Internet applications
- interest and fascination for Web 2.0 applications and social communities
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who must complete an internship as part of their degree.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events