VSO knows that young people have the skills and energy needed to make a real difference in the fight against poverty. We run a programme which aims to put young adults at the centre of efforts to tackle poverty and inequality. You can read more below.
VSO ICS is a UK government funded programme that gives anyone aged 18-25 a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend three months volunteering abroad in Africa or Asia. Working alongside young in-country volunteers, you will contribute directly to genuine development projects.
It’s an opportunity to experience another culture, challenge yourself and develop transferrable skills to bring back with you. The three months volunteering could be part of post-school or college skills development, or a career break.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
CS is open to 18-25 year olds regardless of income, qualifications, disability and work history.
But you must:
- Be aged 18-25 at the time you take up your placement (you can apply at 17 if you will be 18 by the time you leave)
- Be a British, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen with either a current UK address, or indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Have lived in the UK for at least the last 12 months
- Be committed to fundraise at least £800
- Be able to stay away from home for 10 to 12 weeks during your placement
- Be committed to sharing your experience with others and taking action in your local community when you return