WHY THE IBT PROGRAMME?
BESTSELLER’s International Business Trainee (IBT) Programme offers ambitious graduates from all over the world the chance to explore the core business areas of an international fashion company and gain valuable working experiences in one of seven specialist fields at our headquarters in Denmark and potentially at one of our global offices.
BEING AN E-COMMERCE IBT
In BESTSELLER, each of our brands has their own online shop, and, on a daily basis, they are all supported and guided by our central E-commerce Department in Amsterdam. As an E-commerce IBT, you will have the opportunity to be trained within and learn the perspectives of e-commerce locally at a brand as well as centrally to obtain an understanding of both areas and how they are linked together.
The E-commerce specialist field is broad, covering many different aspects from the more fashion-related areas to the more technical functions. We match your individual competencies and wishes but strive to ensure that you are exposed to the comprehensive picture of E-commerce in BESTSELLER.
This year, we are looking for three different profiles to join us as IBTs within E-commerce:
- An IBT with experience in E-commerce to join SELECTED. The focus will be to improve selected.com, analyse markets to find commercial opportunities and this is where an analytical and independent approach to your tasks along with strong communication skills will serve as a great advantage.
- An IBT with analytical skills and good product knowledge to join our brand ‘name it’ within the field of buying and planning. The focus will be on selecting the right styles for the online shop and marketplaces, follow up on the sales, activating non-selling products and analyse products being returned and the reason behind this. If you have some practical retail experience this will be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
- An IBT with interest in customer experience management with a focus on customer development and integration of online and offline business. You will work on omnichannel business development and related projects, including business case development, risk assessment, marketing communication, competitor and market analysis and go-to-market strategy.
To give us a chance to learn more about you as a person and to put a face on your application, please record a personal video of max. 2 minutes duration as a part of your application. You should use this video to show us more about who you are and tell us about your international experience.
If you advance through the initial interview process, you will, as the last step of our assessment, be invited to join a tryout in Denmark from 23 March to 25 March 2020. Participation in the tryout is required to be considered for the International Business Trainee Programme.
At BESTSELLER, we are more than 17,000 people in 38 different countries working for over 20 fashion brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. We are a family-owned company with a strong foundation and values to build on, empowering us to think outside the box and pursue the ideas we believe in to take BESTSELLER forward. We work cross-functionally and are proud of our collaborative and international culture.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
You have an ambitious and result-oriented yet humble personality. You have an analytical approach to things and a flair for numbers. You have excellent coordination skills and are able to work in a structured manner and meet deadlines. It is essential that you have a proactive, energetic and enterprising mind-set and are not afraid to independently seek new solutions and act on them. You are a strong communicator and you have a cooperative approach to your work.
Your additional qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within E-commerce, Marketing, Online Marketing or similar
- International experience from studying or working abroad
- Experienced Excel user
- Fluent in English - both spoken and written
- Language skills in German or Dutch are an advantage
- Experience from the fashion industry and/or e-commerce is an advantage