Online United States of America
Ashoka U interns join the seven Ashoka U staff as key members of the Ashoka U team. They will work closely with the team and have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative group environment.
In addition, interns have responsibility for a specific project. Previous years, projects have included: developing PR and marketing plan for the Ashoka U Exchange, developing content for students at the Ashoka U Exchange, working on developing partnership opportunities for students to work with Ashoka Fellows, fundraising research and opportunity spotting, and designing and implementing a census for social innovation in higher education. Interns spend approximately 70% of their time on individual projects, 20% of time on Ashoka U team projects, and 10% of time on Ashoka-wide collaborations.
Interns will be located in the Ashoka Global Office in Arlington, VA (although we are willing to consider a virtual role).
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Are you a good fit for Ashoka U? For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship.
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!).
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Empathetic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital.
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn.
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and do what it takes to get any job done well.
- Previous office or professional experience preferred.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships.