United States of America
The Israel Policy Forum (IPF) is a not-for-profit education and advocacy organization dedicated to supporting pragmatic policies to advance and ultimately achieve a lasting two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. IPF convenes and educates a broad array of Jewish leaders and US policymakers in order to strengthen advocacy in support of advancing a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, consistent with Israel’s security and a strong US-Israel relationship. IPF’s internship program provides college students with a stimulating learning experience in an intimate office setting.
Due to the small size of the office, the intern is given a substantial amount of responsibility and is exposed to most aspects of IPF. The intern is responsible for various projects involving development, administration, event planning, programming, policy, and outreach. The internship provides individuals with the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace, as well as to expand their knowledge about international affairs and the Middle East conflict.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and implementing events with prominent diplomats and scholars.
- Reading and circulating influential op-eds.
- Taking minutes & writing executive summaries of meetings and conference calls.
- Updating and maintaining fundraising and donor lists/records.
- Maintaining the IPF website and social media accounts.
- Assortment of clerical and administrative tasks.
- Attending and covering local events, occasionally outside of normal business hours.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, Middle Eastern Studies, or a related major
- Strong interpersonal, proof-reading, research, and writing skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite a plus