Come create a unique and creative location in the heart of Issy-les-Moulineaux! Together, let’s create a unique and creative space, open to residents and businesses, which inspires knowledge sharing, experimentation and wonder!
In Issy-les-Moulineaux, Altarea Cogedim is constructing the future eco-district “Issy Cœur de Ville”, a joint urban project spanning 100,000 m² right in the heart of the Hauts-de-Seine commune. Nestled near the metro and on the former Orange CNET site, this green, innovative urban center will reflect Altarea Cogedim’s broad range of expertise by combining various urban functions: housing, retail, cinema and public infrastructure scheduled for opening in 2022.
To bring this innovative vision to life, a 1,500-m² creative workshop will be built at the centre of this eco-district with the goal of becoming an icon for the city of Issy-les-Moulineaux.
This unique and creative workshop, a bustling and popular meeting place, aims to offer a new experience to meet the expectations of all users, residents, businesses, schools and associations.
By combining the best that real estate has to offer, the future space will respond to the evolving societal and technological challenges.
Take part in the creation and development of a place of experience and innovation at the heart of the city of Issy-les-Moulineaux!
Whether you are a student, start-up, big group, cultural establishment, association, school/university, innovative project leader, artist, creative type... this ground-breaking approach is for you!
This collaborative design process is known as Open Design and helps create a new way to design unifying, innovative, multi-functional and jointly built spaces.
Alain Taravella, Founding President of Altarea Cogedim: “As a city contractor, I hope to reach out to entrepreneurs, big businesses, start-ups, students and all stakeholders with a general interest, and I would like to invite them to participate in our group’s Open Design approach. This new collaborative design method draws on collective intelligence to develop a strong design that will serve as the guiding principle of the site, located in the heart of Issy-les-Moulineaux. We thus consult with players from all walks of life and provide the most promising projects with the opportunity to develop in the future space”.
André SANTINI, former Minister, Issy-les-Moulineaux Mayor, Métropole du Grand Paris Vice-president : "Innovation is deeply rooted in Issy-les-Moulineaux's DNA. For its third eco-neighborhood, "Issy Cœur de Ville", the city of Issy-les-Moulineaux is expecting the emergence of a new place that corresponds with its vision of a smart city: open, creative and collaborative. This call for projects will enable the definition of a concept which is both distinguishing and pioneeing. Across 1500m², it will offer to the inhabitants, companies, schools & associations a way to exchange, discover, learn and experiment all while having fun and being in awe of the digital potential."
The site’s DNA
The primary objective is to be open to a broad portion of the general public, thanks to suitable pricing accessible to local residents. We would like this space to reflect the goals of Altarea Cogedim and the city of Issy-les-Moulineaux through 5 foundational pillars to guide your creativity and your innovations:
- A universal design: The space should incorporate a powerful design and exhibit positive values for the city and its inhabitants. More than a trend, it must embody a universal and timeless dimension. This design will be a central theme influencing the events hosted in the space.
- An open and unifying space: The site will be the result of synergies created between the different players bringing it to life. It must be accessible and appealing to everyone: residents, businesses, associations, schools, visitors, etc.
- A space that sparks interest and nurtures growth: The site’s mission will be to share and educate. This mission must be reflected in all of the events offered.
- A space for activity and innovation: Embracing the positive effects of experimentation, this site will offer a chance for visitors to try things. It will also offer a playground to artists, artisans or businesses looking to innovate and contribute to the life of this space.
- A space for wonder: The site should provide visitors creative and sensorial experiences, by emphasising immersion and interaction all while remaining accessible to everyone. Technology may be a means, but not an end.
An initiative open to everyone
Would you like to recommend a solution, activity, experience or event for the site? Do you have a design or development idea?
Then we want to hear from you!
If you are inspired by the site’s goal, you can present one or more projects in line with the DNA of the place, for all or part of the site.
In order to help you imagine your project, here are some information about the building:
- The building is made of 3 floors: a ground floor, a 1st floor and a second floor
- Each floor measures approximately 500 square meters
- Th building has two terraces located at the first floor:
- One is accessible and open to your projects
- The other one is not accessible (no project required for this one)
- The building roof is not workable
In the “Resources” tab, you will find documents made available to help you develop your project.
Stage 1: Registration and participation
From July 23rd to November 30th 2019
How to participate:
- Click on the “Participate” button.
- Select your participation category (innovative business, general interest player, student).
- You can join or create a team (up to 5 members), or submit your idea on your own.
- Submit your participation form, in French or English, by 30 November 2019.
Stage 2: Support and further development
From January 31st au 11th May 2020
If your idea has been selected as a project of interest, we will help you develop it as part of the space!
For this second stage, we will work together to further develop your project in the following areas:
- Your idea’s viability
- Technical and financial feasibility
- Development roadmap
In particular, you will have the opportunity to take part in workshops in the classroom and/or online, hosted by experts in innovation and project development.
Stage 3: Preparation for the final
From May 25th until the finale
Following this development stage, the 12 most promising candidats (4 finalists per category) will be invited to the final event to present their projects in front of representatives from Altarea Cogedim and the city of Issy-les-Moulineaux.
This event, which will take place during the Futur.e.s Festival, will provide you with an opportunity to meet and exchange with all the players of the “Issy Cœur de Ville” project, and to envision your involvement in the place's program.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Student. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current scholar year, with a student card to prove it. Each Student may only participate once in each Challenge. If the student is a minor, you must provide this authorization signed by a parent or guardian in the name of the minor.
- Innovative business. A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
- General interest players: associations, schools/universities, cultural establishment, artists and creatives, freelance.
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
- Innovative businesses: The laureate(s) will be incorporated into the site planning and will receive support to implement their project, with a contribution to the structures, purchasing of services, equipment or solutions.
- General interest players: The laureate(s) will be incorporated into the site planning and will receive support to implement their project, with a contribution to the structures, purchasing of services, equipment or solutions.
- Students: Electric bicycle or the equivalent in gift vouchers (value of €1,000) and the opportunity to develop the project thanks to an internship or work-study placement at Altarea Cogedim.
The final will be organised in June 2020 with both the Mayor of Issy-les-Moulineaux and the Founding President of Altarea Cogedim in attendance.
The 4 finalists from the 3 categories will present their project for their chance to win the Issy Open Design competition and to be included in the site’s plan!