EVER HAD AN IDEA THAT STANDS OUT? Then Jacobs Startup Competition is the ideal springboard for you to project that unique idea! Contest your idea, benefit from the expertise of successful entrepreneurs through our one-to-one mentorship process, and win thousands of euros to kick-start your venture! At Jacobs Startup Competition 2021, we are looking for innovative and feasible business ideas. Winning teams receive attractive cash prizes, excellent networking opportunities, and mentoring by selected entrepreneurs and business professionals.
Here at Jacobs Startup Competition, we guide you from your first business idea towards your very own company—from vision to venture. From the first application round you will be provided with valuable advice by experienced founders and entrepreneurship professionals and get a chance to participate in webinars that introduce you to the most important aspects of founding your own business.
The best ten teams will be paired with a personal mentor to guide them through the last application round and prepare them for their pitch during the final event on the Jacobs University campus.
Our 2-day finale takes place on the 13th and 14th of March 2021, where you can take part in entrepreneurial workshops, find inspiration from the finalist pitches, and grow your network with like-minded people.
WHAT OUR TRIANGLES STAND FOR
- MENTORSHIP: Our mentors are accomplished individuals who are familiar with the creation of new and successful ventures. They will supply you and your team with feedback and support and you'll have the chance to meet them in person to receive advice during your one-on-one workgroup sessions.
- NETWORK: Because we know how important networking is for developing businesses, you will be given the opportunity to meet upcoming and aspiring entrepreneurs from top universities around the world and exchange ideas to gain valuable insights for your venture. During “speed dating” sessions, coffee breaks, and other activities you will develop a network with leading professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- RESOURCES: We will bring in experts during our final event to teach the fundamental skills for venture-building, and we will also award the best ideas with generous prize money.
HOW IT WORKS
- FIRST ROUND: Submit a short summary of your startup idea and how you plan on being profitable directly on our website. Applications will be reviewed by the experienced JSC team and the most promising ideas will enter the second round. Make sure to watch out for valuable advice/hints on our Facebook page. This will help you find your startup idea and make the best out of your application!
- SECOND ROUND: Teams that go through to this round will be asked to submit a more detailed executive summary of their business ideas. You will be guided by questions about your startup’s value proposition, pricing and sales strategy, financing plans and your visions for the future. During the second round, participants will have the chance to take part in online webinars on relevant entrepreneurial topics and lead it toward success. All executive summaries will be evaluated by our mentors who are founders with many years of experience in the startup world.
- THIRD ROUND: The best 10 applicants will then enter the final round of the Jacobs Startup Competition. Each team will be provided with a personal mentor who will advise them on their final JSC pitch. The two-day final event will take place on the international Jacobs University campus (Jacobs Startup Competition will support a portion of your travel expenses.). It will be packed with fascinating talks and workshops given by startup founders and entrepreneurship professionals and motivating startup pitches. Get the opportunity to meet inspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world and network with established accelerators and investors. The final 10 teams have the chance to win a boosting prize money as well as several other valuable resources.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
You can apply as an individual or as a team.
All members of your team who would attend the final event and pitch your idea must be enrolled at a university throughout the course of the competition (October 2020 to March 2021). Non-university students may work on the startup but will not be allowed to pitch the idea.
Business ideas submitted to JSC should not yet have generated revenue of more than 20,000€ p.a.
Deadline: November 25, 2020
Program Starts: March 13, 2021
Program Ends: March 14, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- FIRST PRIZE 3000 €
- RUNNER UP 1000 €
- 2ND RUNNER UP 500 €
- MANY SPECIAL PRIZES, INCLUDING INCUBATOR PROGRAMS AND INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSIONS.
- ACCESS TO A LARGE NETWORK OF FOUNDERS, MENTORS AND EXPERTS.
- A PLATFORM TO PITCH YOUR IDEA TO JUDGES AND INVESTORS.
- A UNIQUE, INTERNATIONAL STARTUP ATMOSPHERE AT OUR FINAL EVENT.
Accommodation (on-campus), drinks, and food will be provided!
Transportation costs will be subsidized.