Germany United Kingdom United States of America Worldwide
The KAUST Gifted Student Program (KGSP) is a fully funded scholarship for undergraduate Saudis studying science and engineering abroad. KGSP is administered by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Each year, KAUST awards this competitive scholarship to approximately 135 Saudi students upon completion of high school, for up to six years. KGSP students join an elite group of Saudi peers at top-tier universities in the United States to pursue their studies. They receive guidance from a team of scholarship advisors, and participate in regular enrichment activities such as workshops, conferences, and extracurricular courses, while enjoying unique cultural events and experiences.
KGSP empowers the next generation of Saudi scientists, researchers, and educators to reach their potential, and provides them with the opportunities and education to succeed.
The KGSP is administered by the department of Saudi Affairs at KAUST, which implements the University's core goals of integrated research in science and engineering with a focus on national development. Saudi Affairs manages programs that foster talent and maximize potential among Saudi youth interested in STEM fields, with initiatives ranging from middle school to post-graduate research and employment.
The KGSP receives nominations of top-ranked high school seniors throughout the Kingdom from select partners. The KGSP then sends each nominee an invitation to apply via email. Current nominating partners of the KGSP are:
- Mawhiba (King Abdulaziz and his Companions Foundation for Giftedness and Creativity)
- The Saudi Research Science Institute (SRSI)
- The International Olympiad Program
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
KGSP students represent the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s future scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and thought-leaders. They are committed to the KAUST vision of driving scientific discovery through cutting-edge research with the aim of contributing to the University’s mission of innovation, economic development, and social prosperity in the Kingdom, the region and the world.
Selection to the KGSP is extremely competitive, and currently by invitation only. Successful applicants are Saudi Arabian students in their final year of high school who demonstrate impressive academic credentials, meaningful extra-curricular achievements, and who share the KAUST ethos of continuous discovery.
- Have completed the high school degree on the same year of applying to the KGSP.
- Have received General Secondary High School diploma within the last year (or be in the final year of completing this diploma).
- Have achieved a high school GPA, Qodorat score, and Tahselie score within the top 3% range in the Kingdom.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Fully-funded scholarship including monthly stipend, travel, accommodation, all academic fees and costs, plus enrichment programs.
- Four to six years abroad, with the expectation of returning to KAUST for a master’s degree.
- ESL and Foundation Year residence at top-tier universities in the United States.
- Undergraduate placement at top-tier universities in the United States.
- Personal advisor and advising team.
- Dedicated assistance with visas, passports, SATs, enrollments, and related items.
- Orientation program and regular engagement with fellow KGSP students.
- Vibrant and caring community of students and advisors.
- Network of 300+ gifted Saudi students studying at all levels in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Ongoing access to KAUST’s network of academic and industry partners.