India Online Worldwide
Do you want to acquire new skills? Meet new people? Put your talents and passion to good use? Then you might want to think about becoming a kanthari volunteer. You will be able to build up a relationship with highly interesting and charismatic people who have overcome adversity and have the guts to create a mindset change in their surrounding.
Volunteering can be done in different ways:
- Help by talking about kanthari: Spread the news about the existence of kanthari. You can attract new participants, catalysts, volunteers or potential donors.
- Volunteering from home: For example you could help out with design, newsletters, translations, write ups etc.
- Come and join us in Trivandrum: We always can use motivated, dedicated and technically gifted volunteers who can help out on maintenance, eco-friendly gardening, kitchen, IT and many other interesting activities. You will meet future kantharis from all over the world who have amazing stories to tell and experiences to share. In order to make a stay worthwhile we prefer a minimum period of three months.
- kanthari offers board and lodging: The demand for voluntary positions is high. Therefore we have to be selective. Every volunteer will have to go through an application process. We prefer to have volunteers who are available for the duration of at least one or multiple acts.
- Volunteer for kanthari graduates: Join one of the projects started by graduates all over the world and support them with their work in small and newly established organizations. This might include technical assistance, teaching, administrative tasks, etc.
kanthari at a Glance
kanthari in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India, offers a 12 month, scholarship based leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and who are keen to drive ethical social change anywhere in the world. kanthari will equip participants with all tools that are required to start and run an own NGO / social enterprise or social venture.
Some participants have university degrees while others have little to no formal education; Some are blind or physically disabled, others have no disabilities at all.
What is important is a sense of ownership, motivation, creativity, talent and passion to create a positive social impact.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Basic requirements to be a volunteer:
- Above 22 years of age
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Positive attitude
- High level of motivation
- High level of ownership, taking initiatives and self management