This Kaspersky student competition is dedicated to the challenges of a rapidly changing world and tackling security issues posed by new technologies. We want participants of the Secur’IT Cup to come up with their own researches and projects to help solve cybersecurity issues in the following areas
The Kaspersky Lab SECUR’IT CUP’19 is recruiting for talented and motivated students and teams to create an idea that will help us in our mission to save the world from cyber threats.
- Financial security: Protect users and institutions involved into financial transactions by improving online fraud detection mechanisms, wipers/cryptographers, hidden mining etc.
- Machine learning in cybersecurity: Develop new methods to apply machine learning to improve CS technologies and narrow the damage caused by cyberattacks.
- Automotive security: Develop effective measures to improve smart car user’s safety: prevent controller area network attacks, GPS and other sensitive data leakage for both manned and unmanned vehicles.
Stages of the contest
Primary Registration (deadline 25.10.)
Register online for the competition.
Submit a detailed project description (deadline 25.10.)
or research abstract and project prototype. Add your team members if applicable. The expert jury will consider all projects and select the best for the finals. Or participate in a local conference
Take part in the final event at the Kaspersky.Academy Partners Summit in Lisbon where you will pitch your idea to a board of experts! All finalists of the contest will win a trip to Lisbon for the final event at Kaspersky.Academy Partners Summit!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- We do not accept applications from participants under 18 years, and from participants aged 27 and more. So, if you’re 26 now, you’re still valid to participate.
- You definitely can participate alone! If you do not want to participate individually, you may build up a team on your own. One individual may only be a part of one team. If you are a part of a team, you may not submit individual entries.
The main requirements for project description are:
- match between the idea and the chosen track
- technical feasibility of the project
- possibility to make a proof-of-concept within 2 months
The competition is open to all residents worldwide aged 18-26 years, except:
- employees of the Kaspersky or its affiliated companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Kaspersky or its affiliated companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above;
- to anyone who has no bank account in his/her own name.
Deadline: October 25, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
All finalists will be provided with
- Round-trip airfare (coach or available equivalent) from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to Lisbon, Portugal!
- Double-occupancy hotel accommodation for three nights in a 4 stars hotel (LUX Lisboa Park Hotel).