The Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship is available to first-year full-time undergraduates of foreign nationalities pursuing any degree programme at Singapore Management University. The Scholarship is aimed at motivating the students to achieve greater heights of excellence.
Two scholarships will be awarded once every four years, commencing Academic Year 2010-11. The scholarships are tenable for up to four years of the Scholars' studies, subject to outstanding academic performance.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Full-time first year undergraduates of foreign nationalities in any degree programme.
- Preference for candidates from developing countries including but not limited to countries in which Kewalram Chanrai Group operates, such as Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, South America, Southeast Asia, and China.
- Special consideration will be given to female candidates of suitable calibre from developing countries so as to encourage them to pursue a university education and to succeed in their lives.
- Good academic achievements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills or potential and good moral character.
- Active CCAs and community involvement.
- Keen sectoral interest in textiles, automotives, agriculture, commodities, international trade, IT and real estate.
- Evidence of financial need.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- The scholarships are tenable for up to four years of the Scholars' studies, subject to outstanding academic performance.
- Each sholarship is valued up to $30,000 per annum.
- The scholarships will offer financial support towards the Scholars' tuition fees and/or study-related expenses, such as the purchase of a notebook computer which the Scholars may keep upon successful completion of their studies, purchase of textbooks, participation in Business Study Mission and/or International Student Exchange Programme with SMU partner universities.
- No bond is required under the terms of this scholarship.