New in 2017! King's Scholars of Tomorrow Scholarship for the King's International Foundation Programme. Start your journey to success today. Compete for a scholarship to study a King's International Foundation course and you could attend university in London!
The King’s International Foundation has specialist academic preparation courses designed for ambitious international students who want to study an undergraduate degree at King’s or another top UK university.
The King's International Foundation courses are designed to develop essential subject knowledge, academic language and study skills for undergraduate study at King’s.
Each International Foundation course guarantees you an offer at King's. This means that if you successfully complete your International Foundation course at the required level, you will receive a guaranteed place on a related King’s degree.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
To be eligible to apply for the 'King's Scholars of Tomorrow' scholarship, you must show that you meet the following criteria:
- Must be eligible to study a King's International Foundation course.
- Must have a completed application to a King's International Foundation course for September 2017 entry by the closing date of this scholarship competition.
- Meet the entry requirements to your chosen King's International Foundation course.
- Legally allowed to study in the United Kingdom (i.e. not restricted from entering the UK or from applying for a study visa)
Applicants will be selected based on their video submission, the questions answered on this platform and their King's International Foundation course application, including the Personal Statement.
The scholarship application criteria includes:
- creating a mobile video (no longer than 1 minute) that covers the topic: What inspires and motivates you about studying at King's and your chosen King's International Foundation course?
- answering the questions in Step 1
- your application to your chosen King's International Foundation course.
Your application will be evaluated on the following:
- the academic merit of the video assignment – a clear and fluent style with a well focused and structured argument.
- a well-written Personal Statement (as part of your application to a King's International Foundation course) that covers:
- how the International Foundation course you have chosen will benefit you
- what you feel you can bring to King's as a student, and
- the area of study you intend to progress to after completing your King's International Foundation course.
Deadline: April 30, 2017
Cost/funding for participants:
Receive a £1,000 scholarship towards your tuition fees for your chosen King's International Foundation course at King's College London starting in September 2017. There are up to 50 scholarships available.
You will also meet and have tea with the Principal of King's College London.*
*May be another King's representative.