The University of Twente is a young and enterprising university that prepares young people for the future. We accomplish this through innovative, attractive and future-focused education and through fulfilling a global function in technological and social research.
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. This relates specifically to the DAC countries. Students from these countries could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente. Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund was founded by a couple of alumni and relations of the University of Twente and is also supported by the staff and alumni of the University of Twente. With an annual fundraising campaign alumni and employees are asked to support this scholarship fund.
Please note: The Kipaji Scholarship is not available for current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
In order to qualify for Kipaji Scholarship, applicants should meet all requirements of University of Twente Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must
- have the nationality of one of the DAC countries (Least Developed Countries & Other Low Income Countries)
- receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship.
- have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8).
- submit a motivation letter stating how they intend to use their studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country.
Deadline: May 01, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
- up to € 12,000
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional Kipaji support for the second year, equal to the amount received in the first year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when the University of Twente Scholarship is also continued and students are thus required to meet the process requirements for the University of Twente Scholarship.