United States of America
Welcome to the 21st Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty! This year’s conference theme will be: Institutions for Equity & Resilience. The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world.
- This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector.
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission instructions for paper abstract
- Please submit abstract for oral presentation of an individual paper, poster, or MasterClass by October 13, 2019 via ConfTool (Please view guidelines on how to create a new user account and how to submit an abstract. Proposals for a panel are not accepted.
- Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
- Abstract selection for presentation is through a double-blind peer-review process. Criteria are (i) relevance to conference thematic tracks; ; (ii) innovative and new; (iii) evidence-based and methodological appropriateness (iv) significance for policy, interventions or research agenda; and (v) clarity of proposal.
- Abstract acceptance for oral presentation, poster and masterclass will be communicated by December 3, 2019.
- Due to space limitation, registered participants will be assigned max. one slot for an oral presentation (for accepted abstracts only). If an additional abstract was accepted, it will be included in the poster presentations. Replacement of accepted presenter by co-author or colleague will not be accepted, if resulting in more than one oral presentation.
- Kindly note that inclusion of an accepted presentation in the final conference program is conditional on (i) timely conference registration and (ii) uploading of full paper.
- Deadline conference registration: January 31, 2020
- Deadline submission full papers, posters and Masterclasses: February 15, 2020
- Deadline submission PowerPoint: March 9, 2020
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Program Starts: March 16, 2020
Program Ends: March 20, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- Early Bird: 250 USD, October 1–December 13, 2019
- Regular: 400 USD, December 14, 2019–January 31, 2020
- Late: 500 USD, February 1–February 29, 2020
- Very Late & onsite: 1000 USD, March 1, 2020–start conference
- Full-time Students
- Reduced Fee for full-time PhD students registered at universities: 100 USD From October 1–December 13, 2019 only; immediate payment required
- Please email email@example.com (i) ConfTool User ID; (ii) Full Name of the participant and (iii) valid University ID with proof of full-time registration as PhD student
The registration fee includes:
- Access to conference events:
- Pre-conference workshop and opening
- All conference sessions
- Learning Day: Masterclasses
- Coffee breaks and lunches
- Conference reception
- The organizers will close registration once maximum capacity is reached
- The World Bank Group does not provide insurance to visitors, seminar participants, or presenters
- No travel grants are available
- Conference registration fees cannot be refunded
- In case a registered participant can no longer attend the conference, conference organizer will consider transfer of the paid registration fee to a colleague working for the same organization. This will be decided by the conference organizers on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the (i) ConfTool User ID and (ii) Full Name of the participant who is not attending, and the(iii) ConfTool User ID and (iv) Full Name of the participant who is attending. The replacement conference participant will have to open a user account in ConfTool before requesting the transfer. It cannot be made without this information.