Innovation in sectors like eMobility, autonomous driving, sensor technology and additive manufacturing is one of Magna's key objectives. For the automotive supplier, the collaboration with disruptive startups is the cornerstone of sharing the future of the industry.
Leading Mobility is designed to connect with European innovators and keep all doors open for communication. Once you get in touch, Magna will identify synergies to get started. If you're working on an innovative technology, product, or service - we want to hear from you!
The Startup Program covers mobility as a whole, and specifically 4 key objectives:
- Electrification: Electromobility will be an essential component of future mobility. Vehicles become more than just the vehicle - driving as efficiently and economically as possible.
- Autonomous Driving: This objective refers to technologies which enable self-driving vehicles, including sensors, processors or other. Some functions include Adaptive Cruise Control & Advanced Parking Assistance.
- Connectivity: Increased demand for connectivity and reliability calls for increased effort in the areas of urbanization, safety, and cybersecurity.
- New Mobility: This is a great opportunity for technologies and services which offer improved quality, timing or cost of the mobility experience.
Is this a competition?
This is not a competition and there are no prizes to be awarded. Magna evaluates applications to decide whether it would be interested in setting up an introductory meeting with the applicant or monitoring progress further.
Is there a deadline?
You are welcome to apply from now on as Magna will continuously evaluate applications.
Leading Mobility is intended to be an ongoing effort aimed at shaping the future of the transportation industry - if Magna decides to change or end it in the future, then we will provide notice in advance on this website.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can participate in Leading Mobility?
Leading Mobility is open to startup entities who have an innovative technology or solution.
To participate, you must be a legal entity (Inc., LLC, GmbH, etc.), regardless of industry focus.
Based on what criteria does Magna decide to go further with my startup?
The following criteria will be considered:
- Uniqueness and creativity: the level of innovation in the proposed technology, product or service and whether it represents a significant step forward in technology
- Technology readiness level
- Business model: the capability of the entrant to support the development of the proposed technology, product or service
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- Strong Partner: Magna will typically partner for development of proof of concept if a solution qualifies. This includes the ability to commercialize and get to the market.
- Product Development: As one of the top 3 tier 1 automotive suppliers globally, Magna has the infrastructure in place to support product development in multiple fields and technologies.
- Acceleration: Magna is actively responding to the accelerating global need for innovation. Innovation can be product, process, materials, or data related.