Greece United Kingdom United States of America Worldwide
Our global Internship Program was created in 2011 and has since seen hundreds of talented young people pass through it. Originally established in partnership with The American College of Greece in Athens and the US-based Greek America Foundation, today it is open to undergraduate students currently enrolled at an accredited college/university anywhere in the world.
Our international supporters and associate organizations range from higher education institutions and non-profits to leadership development and academic organizations. Together they provide a rich and varied source of internship candidates, regardless of national or socioeconomic boundaries.
The Program offers internships of up to four months' duration for approaching 100 students each year at the Libra Group and its subsidiaries around the world.
Our objective is to provide opportunities for students to learn about our businesses and management philosophy while they further develop the skills that will help define their future. Our interns work alongside industry professionals and each is assigned a dedicated mentor and 'buddy'.
Specialized placements are a part of the philosophy and approach. For many years, our shipping company, Lomar, has hosted naval cadets as part of their officer-training path and takes in as many as 50 cadets each year from Germany and the UK.
Selected interns gain numerous and significant, lifelong career benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Broaden and explore career possibilities by interacting with professionals in the field while applying learned knowledge and core competencies
- Gain practical workplace experience and life skills, leading to better employment prospects
- Create an international network of professional contacts and mentors
- Grow in confidence and ability as the program progresses
- Access to a growing alumni network
- Global Exposure – Interns are placed at the Libra Group or one of its global businesses.
- Mentor-Buddy Program – The program provides interns with access to both senior executives and junior-mid level employees who will help facilitate their professional development, daily task management and serve as a point of contact throughout the entirety of their internship experience.
- Professional Development – Each program intake commences with an orientation where interns are introduced to key Libra executives from across our worldwide operations and participate in team-building activities with their peers. Ongoing professional development is provided throughout the duration of the internship through virtual workshops ranging from resume writing and business communication to organizational/time management skills and negotiation skills.
The Libra Group
The Libra Group is a privately owned international business group undertaking strategic investment around the globe. Created in 2003 as a holding company for the diversified business interests of the Logothetis family, today the Libra Group controls 30 subsidiaries operating across six continents and is focused on aviation, energy, diversified investments, hotels and hospitality, real estate and shipping.
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2021 at 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time
- Live Video Interviews: Late May - June, 2021
- Final Decisions/Offers: July 2021
- Mandatory Orientation: January 31 - February 4, 2022
- Internship Dates: February 7 - May 6, 2022
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
At the time of application, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be fluent in English
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 (USA) or equivalent
- Be available for mandatory orientation and internship dates (refer to key dates)
And at the time of the application, must be one of the following:
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student at an accredited college/university
- A currently enrolled MBA student at Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB)
- A currently enrolled M.Sc. student in International Shipping, Finance and Management at AUEB
- A currently enrolled M.Sc. student in Maritime Studies at the University of Piraeus
- A currently enrolled Masters student at ALBA Graduate Business School
Deadline: April 12, 2021
Program Starts: February 07, 2022
Program Ends: May 06, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Does Libra provide any financial compensation?
Yes, all interns are placed on local payroll. In addition, Libra will directly book and pay for the flight(s) to orientation, accommodation for orientation and the flight(s) to and from each internship location.
Does Libra provide or pay for housing?
No, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements. Before arrival, the Social Responsibility team will provide you with a housing guide and if applicable, connect you with interns in the same location if you are seeking roommates.