Lua is a dating app designed by entrepreneurs and experts in the personal development and relationship field.
Our purpose is to deepen intimacy and connect people to Love. Lua's platforms infuse mystery, eros, and technology, create meaningful connections, and facilitate personal growth. We’re starting with a dating app for conscious communities.
We are in service of Love, humanity, and the planet. We are transparent, take self-responsibility, and are willing to grow personally and professionally. Whatever we do, we do it with passion and dedication. We are radically innovative and open to change.
What is the role?
Are you currently studying or just finished your bachelor's or master's degree in a technical or quantitative field and want to kickstart your career? Are you looking to gain experience in a startup and develop your skills within a small, young, and driven entrepreneurial team? If so, our Internship Program may be right for you.
We’re looking for an energised, engaged, self-starting data analyst intern to become part of our team. In this role, you will be a part of our product team, reporting to the CTO. Our team is focusing on building our data-driven culture and improving the product experience for our customer base.
- Improve our analytics practices: Help us mature from one-off tactics to repeatable processes. Define requirements with our teams across to board to improve our analytics capabilities.
- Understand Lua customers and the product: Analyze product features, journey, and life cycles. Work with our team to understand our customer’s pain points and help us prioritize tasks.
- Support our teams: Partner with cross-functional teams and Lua’s leadership team. Build context and ask smart questions. Help set team goals. Define, document, monitor, forecast key metrics. Perform root-cause analyses on key metrics.
- Be an expert in data: Turn business problems into defined discovery plans. Leverage data from different sources — sometimes not connected. Work confidently with clean and messy data. Tell compelling stories and build impactful visualisations. Present insights to peers and executives and learn to guide our team to make the best possible decisions.
- Write technical \\
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Motivated and energised by all things data
- Can work independently as well as part of a team.
- If you're passionate about authentic intimacy and depth, that’s a bonus.
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Some knowledge with analytical SQL queries (e.g., inner/left/right joins, CTEs, and window functions). Exposure in a major analytics/visualization platform (e.g. Mode, Looker), scripting in a notebook environment, preferably using Python, Pandas, and Jupyter. Understanding of using a product or events analytics platform — e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, or an A/B testing tool — e.g. Optimizely, Google Optimize.
- Previous internship or experience in an analytics role.
- Technical Education: Completing an undergraduate or master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- Soft Skills: Curious; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. Passion for data, discovery, and problem-solving. A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Qualities we look for
- Radically innovative and open to change. You're eager to learn new things.
- Playful, creative and take time for stillness.
- In service of Love, humanity and the planet.
- Transparent and communicative, take self-responsibility and are willing to grow personally and professionaly.
- Authentic, value healthy boundaries and honour all genders equally.
- Striving to integrate our consciousness, heart, emotions and sexuality.
- Whatever you do, you do it with passion and dedication.
- You like to have the responsibility and make sure things get forward.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Terms of the role
- 6-12 months full-time position
- Intern salary
- Remote working
- Full ownership of your tasks
- Continued growth through events and continuing education
- Interns may be asked to complete an end-of-intern assignment or pitch (either individually or in assigned teams) utilizing the knowledge they have acquired over time with us.
Lua is in a startup stage and we are so excited to co-create this app with you. We are excited to invite the right match onto the team!