Algeria Bahrain Comoros Djibouti Egypt Iraq Jordan Kuwait Lebanon Libya Mauritania Morocco Netherlands Oman Palestinian Authority Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Sudan Syria Tunisia United Arab Emirates Yemen
The travel scholarship is destined for students and/or professionals seeking professional contact and experience in the Arab World or the Netherlands in the areas of education, science and culture. The objective of the scholarship is to promote mutual understanding between the Netherlands and the Arab World.
How to Apply?
- Please answer all the questions mentioned in the Travel Scholarship Application Form and send it back together with the necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Travel Scholarship Application Form.
At the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation we are convinced that dialogue is essential for people to be able to unlock their collective wisdom, passion and creativity. Politically, economically, and socially, the fate of people across Europe and the Arab region is intertwined. Both regions are facing challenges and opportunities as a result of the same root causes. It is our sincere belief that through facilitated dialogue, people can make full use of the potential of their diversity and will be able to find common ground: common solutions and common opportunities.
Our founding father Mahmoud Rabbani was a Palestinian refugee who was offered a scholarship to study in the Netherlands. Eventually, he felt at home in both parts of the world and was motivated by the belief that Arabs and Europeans still have much to learn from each other. Once they have come to a genuine understanding they will find that there is room in their mutual relationship for a much broader and stronger cooperation. This conviction drove Rabbani to establishing the Foundation.
We at the Luftia Rabbani Foundation, are deeply committed to doing all we can, just as Mahmoud Rabbani did, to help building sustainable, inclusive societies in Europe and the Arab World by facilitating Euro-Arab dialogue and educational exchange.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Candidates who are Arab students and/or professionals should be nationals from any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Candidates who are Dutch students and/or professionals should have Dutch nationality.
- The grant is open to Arab and Dutch students and/or professionals who have a clear academic and/or professional motivation in the areas of education, science and culture to travel to the Arab World or the Netherlands.
- The travel application is designed for Arab students or professionals seeking professional contact or experience in the Netherlands and vice versa, Dutch students or professionals seeking professional contact or experience in the Arab World.
- The goal of the travel must be to develop a better understanding of the history, culture, politics and people of the specific country and / or to collaborate with local stakeholders in the chosen country.
- The travel must have a preparation phase, preparing for the trip and should be followed-up during the trip or after return by sharing information with others in order to raise awareness.
Criteria for the evaluation
- Innovativeness of the exchange
- The impact that the exchange will generate.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Fees specifically linked to the travel
- The Foundation’s travel scholarship only covers the expenses of the proposed and approved budget.
- No support will be provided retroactively, i.e. to expenses linked to travel that has already taken place.
- The scholarship is valid only in the year during which it is awarded.
- Applications should be submitted at least 3 months prior to the departure date
- The maximum amount of a Travel scholarship is 2.000€
Reporting, Evaluation and Communications
- Within a month after completion of the travels for which the award is made the student shall submit a report to the Foundation of his/her experiences. The Foundation reserves the right to edit the report.