Guatemala United States of America
Mercado Global is a social enterprise with an innovative approach to fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Guatemala. By providing business development support and connecting artisan cooperatives to international sales opportunities in the on an unprecedented scale, Mercado Global is helping its partner artisans to be a source of change in global sourcing practices.
Reporting to and working predominantly with the Marketing and Graphics Senior Associate, the Marketing and Graphics Intern will support in the development of sales and marketing material for key accounts such as J Crew, Calypso St Barth, and Anthropologie. The Marketing Intern will also assist in the development of fundraising and press material, as well as contribute ideas/design brand specific content to develop social media strategies across the organization.
This internship provides current and recent college graduates with the opportunity to develop key skills and experience in the fashion world while also directly helping artisans in Guatemala develop income opportunities. This position involves collaborative work with our experienced production and design team, our Guatemala and U.S. based staff, and the talented women artisans we serve in Guatemala.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Marketing Coordinator in maintaining brand aesthetic through design and graphics
- Update website with new graphics, products and other content
- Assist in photography and photo editing
- Work with design team to create content for social media
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Studying or graduated with a degree in Marketing, Graphics, or Design is required
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Enthusiasm for Mercado Global’s mission and products