Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Germany Ireland Norway Serbia United Kingdom
Software engineers at Microsoft are passionate about building technologies that make the world a better place. At Microsoft, you will collaborate with others to solve problems and build some of the world's most advanced services and devices. Your efforts on the design, development, and testing of next-generation applications will have an impact on millions of people.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Software Engineering intern roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.
Software engineers (SWEs) collaborate with a committed team to design, develop and test the next generation of technology solutions for millions of people
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
As a SWE, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
24, 12, 8 weeks, summer internships are subject of per country availability
You are applying to a role with multiple job locations so on your candidate center you will see the first city (alphabetically) where this is posted but we will be considering you for all listed location and will work towards the best match for you in our interview process. If you have a locational preference, please be sure to state it at the top of your CV.
Please upload your CV before submitting your application.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Due to nature of the Intern Program we are currently prioritizing applications from students with final graduation date in 2021, who are eligible for summer internships starting in 2020.
Nevertheless, candidates graduating in 2022 and beyond may apply (with a chance of being considered) as well.
- Currently pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, computer science or related field with at least one semester/quarter/term remaining after internship.
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
- Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services