From the aspect of Japanese companies’ promoting overseas business expansion and creating innovation from a new point of view, utilizing highly-skilled foreign professionals is considered to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of Japanese companies.
Although the number of Japanese companies planning to hire global talent has increased in recent years, it has not been sufficiently achieved, especially in Small and Medium-Sized companies, due to their short on experience of working with the global talent and lack of networks. Therefore, "METI Japan Internship Program" will facilitate strengthening the structure for tackling overseas development of Japanese (Small and Medium-Sized) companies through accepting foreign university students and global talent.
This year we conduct online internships (telework-type internships) that do not involve traffic of the people and aim to achieve the following results.
- Knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business
- Constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing Highly-skilled foreign professionals.
- Business development utilizing foreign talent in remote environment and acquisition of management know-how for foreign talent.
For people from overseas: Why don’t you experience working with a Japanese company from your home country through an online internship?
By joining our internship, you can expect to grow into a global leader who can play an active role in Japan, your home country or the world in the future by learning overseas business strategy and the skills and know-how that Japanese companies have.
The term ‛Online internship′ in this program is ‵Remote internship utilizing overseas offices’.
We support small and medium-sized enterprises to promote global business and manage foreign employees, assuming a society where online human resource management is the norm.
Under the remote environment
- Expand business utilizing foreign talent.
- Understand the intern’s qualities and skills by providing assignment.
- Acquire management know-how for foreign talent.
Interns go to the designated Satellite Offices in the following five countries to remotely carry out internship plan for companies:
【The location of Satellite Office】
- Vietnam (HCMC/Hanoi/Da Nang)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Indonesia (Jakarta)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- India (Delhi/ Gurgaon/Chennai/Bangalore）
- Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
A week of an intern
- A course: Mid-May to Late June 2021
- B course : Mid-May to late August 2021
(To be arranged)
- A course : 10th August to 8th October 2021
- B course : 25th October to 22nd December 2021
※Approximately 35 days of activity in both the A course and B course
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Intern recruitment will be performed overseas, targeting graduates from developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries except China).
Persons who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
Deadline: August 27, 2021
Program Starts: August 10, 2021
Program Ends: December 22, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Main support for interns
- Term allowance will be paid by local currency worth of 40,000 yen (only for A course)
*For each course interns who have completed the whole course.
- Internship insurance(only for A course)
- PC, Lan and landline telephone