United States of America
During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst, working on a variety of corporate transactions and making meaningful contributions to the delivery of projects.
After five days of intensive training in New York, Summer Analysts spend the program within a specific group, building a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting and valuation, and working on a wide range of transactions. Summer Analysts receive continuing on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. For example, they might accompany clients on a road show for a headline-making equity offering, participate in the execution of an M&A transaction, or analyze financial information in preparation for making a strategic recommendation to a top client. In addition, Summer Analysts have many opportunities to network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
The roles and responsibilities of a Summer Analyst vary by department, but may include:
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information.
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance.
- Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies.
- Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentations.
- Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions.
- Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts, open to Black, Hispanic, Native American, Female and/or LGBTQ college sophomores:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree (sophomore) with a graduation date of December 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You have basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance.
- You are analytical, adaptive, possess a strong work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills.