Do you want to know what it takes to build a successful healthtech venture?
NLC was founded because of one simple observation: at least 95 percent of all healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. We are changing this by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. Having founded almost 60 ventures, we are now expanding our pan-European presence. As an IT intern, you will provide vital support to the NLC team and venture CEOs.
You will be actively involved in improving the NLC infrastructure, the development of next level tools to help production and supporting your co-workers with solving IT technology related problems and questions. You will be responsible for your own project that you’ll be developing for NLC to improve it’s process. These projects span a broad range of subjects from integrating and managing business tools to programming (web)tools or APIs for workflow automation. Also, you will be able to join our Intern team for their intervision and fun activities!
This challenging role requires good communication and social skills, teamwork, ambition and most of all a desire to have fun at what you do. No matter how complex this role may sound, the IT team and the rest of the company is ready to help and support you where needed.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Hands-on student / recent graduate (bachelor/master)
- A study background in information technologies or data analytics is required.
- Strong, professional communicator in English with an eye for detail; working knowledge (CEFR B2 or more). Dutch is not required.
- Passion for healthcare, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology, services and/or startups is applauded.
- Batteries-included team player who is more interested in making history than repeating it. Adaptive capabilities in a constantly changing environment
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- A full-time internship of 5-6 months starting at your earliest convenience, which can be altered to your personal interests and learning goals (including a thesis, if required);
- On-the-job experience opportunity which ranges from system administration to software development including interaction with end users;
- An inspiring learning-by-doing environment;
- The chance to contribute to realizing innovations with a great impact on patients and healthcare in general;
- The opportunity to become part of the NLC network; a large, valuable and diverse network ranging from 1000+ medical doctors and brilliant inventors to Corporate Partners like Philips, Stryker & DSM;
- An internship compensation of 300-500 euros per month
- We’re flexible on location. NLC itself has its main office in Amsterdam, but we’re open for you working from anywhere in Europe.