United States of America
As achieving financial security is becoming more complex for more people, we’re finding ways to make it easier than ever for clients to create a lifetime of financial security. We do it unlike anyone else and it starts by putting clients first. We’re building brighter futures by helping clients achieve lifelong financial security and by giving back to the communities we serve
Get real-world experience in our internship program.
Northwestern Mutual has been helping clients achieve financial security for nearly 160 years. Join our team in carrying on that tradition. As a financial representative intern, you’ll get real-world job experience as you discover a career with flexibility and rewards.
Teamwork. Training. Hard work. Fun. It’s part of what has made the Northwestern Mutual internship program a Top Ten Internship1 for the past 21 years in a row.
When you join our financial representative internship program, you'll be supported by a team of people in one of our local network offices that will:
- Help you master our personalized planning process to provide financial solutions tailored to each client’s needs over his or her lifetime.
- Help you build on your classroom learning and develop lifelong skills.
- Work with your school schedule, with internships that are available to full-time students either full time during the summer or part time during the school year.
Jump start your career.
- IT ALL STARTS WITH A GREAT INTERNSHIP: Join our award-winning team this summer, as you get real-world experience with one of the most diverse, inclusive Fortune 100 companies in the U.S.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS WEIGH IN: For the past 50 years, more than 52,000 college students have participated in our internship program. 98% of them reported that the program was instrumental or very helpful to their future careers —whether in the financial services industry, sales or other business endeavor.
- JOIN A WINNING TEAM: Northwestern Mutual ranks #4 overall across all industries on the Vault's Top 50 Internships for 2017, and is the only company to be recognized in the top 10, for 21 straight years. We also rank #2 for career development and #10 in the U.S. for positive office culture, flexibility, and work-life balance.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
You'll be rewarded with:
- Real-life experiences while earning performance-based compensation. Northwestern Mutual provides an attractive reimbursement program for professional studies that lead to a professional designation for interns who go full time.
- Participation in one of America’s Top 10 programs1 which will confirm you are a strong candidate for any future educational or professional opportunity, including a career at Northwestern Mutual. In fact, interns often continue on to have full-time careers as successful financial representatives.
- The ability to join us in giving back to the community.