Online United States of America
The OAS Academic Scholarship Program (Regular Program), established in 1958, grants scholarships every year for the pursuit of Master’s Degrees, Doctoral Degrees and Graduate Research leading to a university degree. The OAS Special Caribbean Scholarships Program (SPECAF), established in 1983, grants scholarships for the last two years of undergraduate studies to citizens and residents of the English-speaking Caribbean OAS Member States, and Suriname. Both programs follow the OAS Manual of Procedures for the Scholarship and Training Program.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for an OAS –UAGM PAEC scholarship, applicants must complete the applicationform available at https://anagmendez.net/international-scholarships/index_es.htmlby or before the deadlines indicated.
- Complete UAGM admission process and submit required documentation.
- UAGM will evaluate the candidates that comply with requirements to be admitted.
- Only applicants who have been admitted to UAGM will be considered forthe scholarship
The Ana G. Mendez University (UAGM)
- The Universidad Ana G. Méndezis a not-profit institution in operations since 1949.
- With approximately 35,000 students, it is the largest private university in Puerto Rico.
- In 2003, the UAGM opened the Metro Orlando Campus in the state of Florida offering bachelors and master’s degree programs from its universities in one campus and with a flexible schedule.
- Nowadays, the UAGM is recognized for serving students in the Continental United States with four campuses operating in the states of Florida, and Texas.
- The UAGMoffers flexible programs designed to help prepare professionals in their field of study.
- Most of the academic programs in the campuses in the continental US use the unique Discipline-Based Dual Language Immersion Model, which contributes to the student’s knowledge and language skills in both languages, Spanish and English.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Be a new applicant.
- This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants who are from an OAS member state and arenot an OAS-UAGM scholarship recipient.
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except the United States.
- Applicants from Argentinamust fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc and send it to the National Liaison Office(ONE) in Argentina.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship holdersand citizens and or permanent residents of the United States.
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants.
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION CRITERIA:
- The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background;
- Geographical distribution of the applicants, taking into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies;
- Applicants whose essaysportray the highest potential for impact upon return to their countries of origin; andGender diversity.
Deadline: April 23, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- 60% tuition waiver for Scholarship Recipients from Ana G. Méndez University;
- The OAS shall cover a one-time tuition allowance of USD $1,000 to the 100 top ranked Scholarship Recipients to help defray the cost of tuition onlyin the first year of study.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Remaining 40% tuition and general fees;
- Application fees;
- Graduation fee;
- Submission of documentation of degree awarded; and
- any additional charges not expressly covered by the OAS-UAGM PAEC Scholarship.