The Tommy Hilfiger Accessories division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production, Sourcing & Development, Buying & Planning and Merchandising & Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base.
The Junior Designer will assist the Soft Accessories Design team in all aspects of the design process. The Junior Designer will also own the Menswear Soft Accessories space, this includes but not limited to, research, designing, sketching, organizing, building mood boards and color cards, recapping cross functional meetings and preparing design overviews.
- Researching into accessories details that are aligned with the corporate design brief and embrace the Tommy Hilfiger’s DNA, and creating seasonal mood boards
- Design and execute technical specs for seasonal collections of soft accessories
- Create prints and graphics technical specs
- Work on 3D cads for seasonal products
- High knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create and update digital overviews of the collection
- Create layouts for internal and external presentations
- Upload technical specs on our online database PLM
- Supporting the design team with presentation preparations; displaying samples at presentations and transporting samples between the head office and the showrooms
- Assist the Senior designers on daily tasks
- Participate on product comments and fitting sessions with the product development team and factories.
- Working in collaboration with the product development team and merchandise team to ensure the products are aligned with the company’s standards and target prices
- Create technical specs of hardware in 2D and 3D
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS. Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate:
- BA in Industrial Design, Fashion Design or Accessories design
- Minimum of 6 months work experience in a design department - in can be accessories or apparel.
- Expertise on Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, SketchUp or other 3D software
- Expertise on technical 2D and 3D sketches
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent in English
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and good work aesthetic
- Keen interest in accessories design and product development
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work within a team
- Good initiative and able to work independently to a deadline
- Excellent time management
- Embrace the hands on, active, dynamic, fun and fast pace work environment
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
What you can expect from us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities