Paddy Power Betfair plc is an international sports betting and gaming operator, with a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of operations across Europe including Romania, Portugal and Malta. We operate five sports betting and gaming brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel and TVG. We are online-led, mobile-led and sports-led: and our proprietary technology, unique products and innovative marketing all combine to offer a superb experience to our five million customers worldwide. Our spirit, talent and ambition has taken us into the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange and we now employ over 7,000 people in sixteen locations across the globe; from Dublin to Los Angeles, and London to Melbourne. Our culture rewards innovation, teamwork and we like to stay fast-moving in a dynamic industry.
Reporting into the Insight Manager, this role will be responsible for delivering world-class insight to the Online (both UK&I and International) business through a combination of continuous tracking and ad hoc projects. It will be important to combine data from a variety of different sources to provide a comprehensive view of the customer. Acting as the “voice of the punter”, this individual will provide data based recommendations to help teams to optimise the proposition. This Insight Executive will support the Insight Manager to deliver against the all of customer insight needs of the Online business.
What you’ll be doing…
- Act as the “voice of the punter” to enable business to make informed decisions based on deep customer insight.
- Ensure the customer is top of mind for the business and stakeholders have a solid understanding of the customer by continuously delivering insight in a disruptive and engaging way.
- Support the Insight Manager in the delivery of ongoing tracking projects to inform the business about PPB’s performance vs. competition in the broader market place (such as Usage & Attitudes tracking studies across multiple markets) and amongst the existing customer base across the customer lifecycle.
- Utilise existing data sources or where appropriate, commission 3rd party agencies to help design and deliver primary research to aid the development and refinement of both the UK&I and International propositions.
- Answer ad hoc business questions from the UK&I and International businesses using existing data sources or, where appropriate, commission 3rd party agencies to help design and deliver primary research.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the Commercial team to understand, refine and answer their key business questions.
- Work with other Insight functions across the business to extract additional relevant data to overlay with customer survey data to enrich the insights delivered.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Commercially aware
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to distil large amounts of data into actionable recommendations
- Strong empathy and passion for the customer
- Excellent project management skills
- Ideally some grounding in research design
- Experience of data analysis
- Highly numerical / analytical graduate on course for a 2.1 from a top university
- A desire for a role which you can grow into, with the opportunity to take on bigger, more strategic projects
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment.
- Some travel between Dublin and London required.