We are creating a product to facilitate business spend through a simple solution for all people involved: employees, the finance controller/bookkeeper, and managers. No more receipts! ????
On the legal side.. we’re pleased to say FinTech is not just a brand for us, it's who we are: Pleo is both an e-money institution with a licence issued by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority and a technology company developing payment services solutions striving to deliver “more than the expected” (the meaning of Pleo).
With our historic Series C fundraising secured and as we scale; balancing risk, opportunity and reward is crucial to our success and the objective of the Legal team is to enable the organisation to make smart, sustainable decisions within the regulatory framework. As we are hiring for new roles you will have a unique opportunity to shape your future work.
Our legal team are a small but mighty bunch (and growing!) dedicated to providing sustainable legal advice in order to support our efforts in all our markets (so far across Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Spain & the UK). So naturally, we’re looking for our new Legal Trainee to join the journey.
What you will do:
- Working 10-15 hours a week around your studies, to support and assist the rest of the Legal team within various legal areas such as product, payments, and other commercial contracts such as customer, partnership and supplier agreements.
- Conduct legal research, build and maintain templates, draft legal documents such as non-disclosure agreements and corporate documents.
- Prepare and update policies and procedures.
- Prepare presentations and training materials and help the team keep up to date on developments within our regulatory environment.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We are excited if you have:
- Completed at least 2 years of your bachelor’s degree and have at least 1 year left of your masters’ degree.
- Experience with contracts, corporate law, employment law, EU regulation and/or financial services (either from classes, seminars or work experience).
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Northern Ireland!
- Continual learning & development opportunities- we will provide valuable training for you to set up your legal career
- Sponsored lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Amazing HQ where we value a great working environment (real barista coffee so you don’t have to go to a coffee shop, friday bars - we are at Denmark after all -, amazing lounge areas, rooftop terrace in the summer, among other things)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 340+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.