United States of America
Policy and practice fellows propose short-term visits (<2 months) in which they interact with the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) community in Annapolis, MD.
Examples of activities include: organizing small-group discussions or workshops, working with SESYNC scholars to understand the needs of the policy/user community, assisting the SESYNC community in identifying opportunities to improve communication of the Center’s science, and leveraging practical applications of actionable science.
- Ecological Wealth & Changing Human Populations;
- Globalization & Socio-Environmental Systems;
- Assessment & Modeling of Ecosystem Services;
- Water, People & Ecosystems;
- Learning to Integrate Across Natural & Social Sciences;
- Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services;
- Data-Intensive Analysis & Modeling for Socio-Environmental Synthesis.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This program targets individuals from government, NGOs, corporations, and the media.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
SESYNC will provide funds for fellows to travel to and work on-site at the Center.